Windows 10: Windows 10 Split Screen not prompting to select second window

Discus and support Windows 10 Split Screen not prompting to select second window in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I use keyboard shortcut Windows key + Left/Right arrow, it snaps and resizes the current window accordingly but does not prompt to select the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sara Bae, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Sara Bae Win User

Windows 10 Split Screen not prompting to select second window

When I use keyboard shortcut Windows key + Left/Right arrow, it snaps and resizes the current window accordingly but does not prompt to select the second screen to display on the opposite side. Once it is snapped, I can use the shortcut again and it prompts to select the window for the opposite side.

:)

Sara Bae, Dec 16, 2020

2. Is it time for Windows 10 already?

For those that don't have the tray notification.

If you don’t think any of these conditions apply to you, and you’re still not seeing the icon, you can also try running the solution below, which will verify your device meets all the prerequisites and then turn on the Get Windows 10 app:

• Open Notepad
    • Copy the following text and paste it into Notepad:
    REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators" /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx

if "%errorlevel%" == "0" GOTO RunGWX

reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser" /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

:CompatCheckRunning

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

schtasks /query /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser" | findstr Ready

if NOT "%errorlevel%" == "0" ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning

:RunGWX

schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig"

• Click File, and then Save As
    • In the File name box, change the file name to ReserveWin10.cmd

• Then click the dropdown next to Save as type, and select All files (*.*)

• Select the folder you would like to save the file to.For this example, let’s choose to save the file to the C:/Temp folder.Then click Save.

• Open an elevated command prompt.(From the Start screen or Start menu, type Command Prompt in the search box, and then in the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and selectRun as administrator.)

• Finally, run the file from the location you saved to in Step 6.In this example, you would type the following in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter:

C:/Temp/ReserveWin10.cmd
    The Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser can take 10 – 30 minutes to run, during which the script will continuously provide status reports that it is running. Please be patient.

If the script is failing in an infinite loop, then you don’t have the necessary prerequisite Windows Updates. Besides requiring Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update, you must also have installed:

For Windows 7 SP1:

KB3035583

KB2952664

For Windows 8.1 Update:

KB3035583

KB2976978

ThE_MaD_ShOt, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Split Screen not prompting to select second window

COMMAND PROMPT SCREEN POPPING UP FOR SPLIT SECOND

All of a sudden this morning, the command prompt screen keeps popping up for a split second then disappears. What's going on?

golddust5364, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Split Screen not prompting to select second window

1. Windows 10 Split Screen not prompting to select second window - Similar Threads - Split Screen prompting

2. Help! A blue command prompt is suddenly appearing and disappearing for a split second and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! A blue command prompt is suddenly appearing and disappearing for a split second and...: This issue is happening very frequently, even if I am not playing games. And they just appear and disappear, so I can't take screenshots too. And there is no pattern of it appearing. Please help....
  3. Help! A blue command prompt is suddenly appearing and disappearing for a split second and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! A blue command prompt is suddenly appearing and disappearing for a split second and...: This issue is happening very frequently, even if I am not playing games. And they just appear and disappear, so I can't take screenshots too. And there is no pattern of it appearing. Please help....
  4. Windows 10 Pro keeps opening a CMD prompt for a split second and alt tabs applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro keeps opening a CMD prompt for a split second and alt tabs applications: As the title says, the issue is that my fresh install of Windows 10 Pro randomly opens a CMD prompt running avtiwru.exe and instantly closes the prompt causing it to alt tab my applications. There is no avtiwru.exe in my AppData view hidden items is turned on and MalwareBytes...
  5. Command Prompt window appears for a split second and disappears periodically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt window appears for a split second and disappears periodically: Please check the attached image where a command prompt window appears for a split second and then disappears. This happens repeatedly, and there is no file by the name 'tuhijra' in the location shown in the image. Anyone facing similar issues?...
  6. How to split screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to split screen in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows 10 has always offered its users an impressive work environment for multitasking. With […] This article How to split screen in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. White window appears for a split second

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White window appears for a split second: I reinstalled my Windows 10 a few days ago. Yesterday while i was playing i seen a white window apear in the middle of the screen for a split second. I run Bitdefender and Windows Defender just in case but they didn't found anything. But later i noticed that Microsoft Store...
  8. split screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    split screen on windows 10: How do I "snap" a document to cause it to snap to a location on my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/split-screen-on-windows-10/2bee627e-a5a5-460f-8451-4c37089a125f
  9. Split screen on Windows 10 2018

Split screen on Windows 10 2018: I have tried all the solutions recommended but none seem to work I have a HP laptop my problem is I have a screen 3/4 and above it is a small screen in the corner. I can grab the screen and take it over to the right but it flies back and I have two small screens. Its driving...
  10. Split screen updated windows 10

Split screen updated windows 10: How do I get the split screen on updated windows 10? it worked fine before it was updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/split-screen-updated-windows-10/17eebdd8-08a0-49d3-809e-d129a58596c2