Windows 10: Windows 10 Sporatically/Frequently Running Slow After Last Update

Discus and support Windows 10 Sporatically/Frequently Running Slow After Last Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the last update for Win 10 (4/17/2019 and 4/18/2019) my computer is frequently slowing down/pausing for a minute or so no matter what app I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paulcr2, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Paulcr2 Win User

Windows 10 Sporatically/Frequently Running Slow After Last Update

After the last update for Win 10 (4/17/2019 and 4/18/2019) my computer is frequently slowing down/pausing for a minute or so no matter what app I am using or website I am on.

Anyone else having this issue or thoughts as to what is causing it? Tried all of the typical troubleshooting steps, even shutdown, pulled the battery and let sit overnight with out any power.

Thanks!!!

:)

Paulcr2, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Sporatically/Frequently Running Slow After Last Update

WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

Hi Sven,

Thanks for showing interest on Windows 10.

I would suggest you to Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Sporatically/Frequently Running Slow After Last Update

1. Windows 10 Sporatically/Frequently Running Slow After Last Update - Similar Threads - Sporatically Frequently Running

2. Windows 10 Running Slow after Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Running Slow after Update: It's been a few months since I was able to update Windows. After many frustrating attempts, including my laptop being out of commission for 2-1/2 weeks, I was finally able to update to windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.476. I have an HP laptop, G6-2235 us. I have 8 gb of...
  3. Windows 10 Running Slow after Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Running Slow after Update: It's been a few months since I was able to update Windows. After many frustrating attempts, including my laptop being out of commission for 2-1/2 weeks, I was finally able to update to windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.476. I have an HP laptop, G6-2235 us. I have 8 gb of...
  4. Laptop is really slow after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop is really slow after last update: Ok so I don’t know am I the only one having this problem? After the window 10 latest update, my laptop went extremely slow and lag, I am sure there’s nothing to do with virus or anything else but the update( my laptop went fine before the update). And yes I did tried...
  5. Windows 10 is running incorrectly after the last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 is running incorrectly after the last update: 1. Меню «Пуск» не працює 2. Він завантажується від 5 до 10 хвилин після введення пароля для входу в систему 3. Microsoft Edge не працює 4. блокує будь-які дії на панелі інструментів 5. Крім Google Chrome, ніщо не працює належним чином 6. Доступ до папки "конфігурація /...
  6. Internet slow after last Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet slow after last Windows update: I used to have an internet speed of 50Mbps on my wifi in my laptop Acer 5830, Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E which has only 2.4Ghz . On the network cable, the speed used to go up to 90Mbps on my internet connection. I can test my internet connection on my phone and it gives...
  7. Slow computer after it updated last night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow computer after it updated last night: When my computer turned off last night it updated.....which is fine......but today it is REALLY slow!! What do I need to do to speed it up again? It's very frustrating to use for work! Thanks :)...
  8. Pc too slow after last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc too slow after last update: Hi, after the last update of windows 10 my pc is too slow. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-too-slow-after-last-update/e0b6f994-fe6c-4f94-bfb9-0d4ad1abc90d
  9. Windows 10 clock running slow after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 clock running slow after update: Since the last update my clock keeps running slow. This seems to happen every time there's an update! Is there a permanent fix!!...
  10. Startup EXTREMELY Slow After Last Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup EXTREMELY Slow After Last Update: Hi, I see a few people are posting black screens at startup - in my case that's what I thought I had but if I let it go for a few minutes it would eventually get to the login screen. At a few other times, I got to a blue screen saying I needed to use the Recovery tools. All...