Windows 10: Windows 10 Spotlight Image and Slideshow will not change in Lock Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Spotlight Image and Slideshow will not change in Lock Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Windows Spotlight and Slideshow features will not work in Windows 10. All group policies are set to allow these features.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrianaKautz, May 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Spotlight Image and Slideshow will not change in Lock Screen

The Windows Spotlight and Slideshow features will not work in Windows 10. All group policies are set to allow these features.

:)

BrianaKautz, May 3, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, May 3, 2019
  3. How to fix problems with lock screen images (Windows Spotlight)

This Windows 10 Tip
    highlights the Windows Spotlight setting, which automatically uploads beautiful images of scenery daily from around the world for the background on the lock screen.

What steps should I try if I’m having trouble with Windows Spotlight?
    For example, what should I do if:

• The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the lock screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the sign-in screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight option doesn’t appear in my lock screen settings.
    • The Windows Spotlight image isn’t changing. (It shows the same image every day.)

Meliton Dec, May 3, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 Spotlight Image and Slideshow will not change in Lock Screen

Windows spotlight images (Lock screen)

This is really dumb, but if you are like me and use spotlight for your windows lock screen images, I actually tend to like some of them alot. They rotate it seems every few days but it doesn't seem to delete them as often as it gets new ones.

With that said I couldnt find anything similar online so I made a script that would pull the files from the folder buried in app data that keeps the files. They dont have an extension normally so I append the JPG extension too them.

I create a folder on your desktop called spotlight and copy the files too it then run the conversion.

I didn't spend forever on this so be nice but otherwise;

Enjoy

Code for the crazies:
    Spoiler Code: @Echo off title Spotlight Image Converter cls :checkPrivileges :: Check for Admin by accessing protected stuff. This calls net(#).exe and can stall if we don't kill it later. NET FILE 1>NUL 2>NUL if '%errorlevel%' == '0' ( goto menu) else ( goto getPrivileges ) :getPrivileges :: Write vbs in temp to call batch as admin. if '%1'=='ELEV' (shift & goto menu) for /f "delims=: tokens=*" %%A in ('findstr /b ::- "%~f0"') do @Echo(%%A setlocal DisableDelayedExpansion set "batchPath=%~0" setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion Echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" Echo UAC.ShellExecute "!batchPath!", "ELEV", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" "%temp%\OEgetPrivileges.vbs" exit /B :menu Echo Windows 10 Lock screen image converter Echo. Echo Brought to you by Solaris17 of TPU Echo. Echo This will make a folder on your desktop called "Spotlight" Echo. Echo It will copy the lockscreen images to the folder then convert them to JPEG format. Echo. Echo Let me know when you are ready. Echo. Pause goto copy :copy @echo off CLS Echo. Echo Converting and copy in progress... Echo. mkdir %userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight > nul 2>&1 timeout 5 >nul robocopy %userprofile%\appdata\local\packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets\ %userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight /copyall /E > nul 2>&1 ren %userprofile%\Desktop\Spotlight\* *.jpg > nul 2>&1 Echo Done!! Echo. pause[/quote]

Solaris17, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Spotlight Image and Slideshow will not change in Lock Screen

1. Windows 10 Spotlight Image and Slideshow will not change in Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Spotlight Image Slideshow

2. Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot locate lock screen slideshow images: When I set up my computer a few years ago I set up the lock screen slideshow with my personal images. The two folders I must have chosen at the time are listed in the settings; they are both called Images, but the settings window is not letting me open them from within the...
  3. Windows 10 Lock Screen Spotlight Image

Windows 10 Lock Screen Spotlight Image: Dear Sir, I found some descriptive mistake in northern coast of Madagascar. Original text "This wide bay on the northern coast of Madagascar is a breeding ground for thousands of humpback whaleswho winter in the warmwaters of the Indian Ocean. The coral reefs, estuaries,...
  4. Lock screen spotlight but for own images

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock screen spotlight but for own images: Hey guys, does anybody know if it is possible to have a daily rotation of lock screen images like the Windows spotlight but from a list I specify? Deadendthrills has an amazing black and white GTA IV images collection and I would love to have them on rotation if anybody is...
  5. Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work

Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work: Lock Screen Spotlight and Slideshow not work. I tried select different folder for Lock Screen Slideshow but it shows only 1 default static image from Picture Lock Screen option. Spotlight shows default static picture too. I tired to change settings and restart pc and tried to...
  6. Lock screen is not changing spotlight image on startup

Lock screen is not changing spotlight image on startup: The lock screen background image is not working properly on startup. I have the lock screen set to show the spotlight image. When it starts it uses the same image. If I click the Windows button and "L" to lock it it will show a spotlight image. my computer at work when I...
  7. windows 10 lock screen -- spotlight does'nt change

windows 10 lock screen -- spotlight does'nt change: I have saved the batch file to another location and added the code you supplied above. Thanks again.
  8. Change signin screen to a certain image keeping lock screen slideshow?

Change signin screen to a certain image keeping lock screen slideshow?: I have the option for 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' enabled, but every time I get to the sign-in screen the only image that is ever displayed is the default 'beach from inside a cave' picture. My current settings are that it will choose images as...
  9. Windows spotlight lock screen image location

Windows spotlight lock screen image location: Windows spotlight under the lock screen settings set a picture for me that I'd like to make permanent. Unfortunately it will change when the new windows spotlight picture is sent out. Does anybody know the save location of this image file so I can set it as my permanent lock...
  10. Change signin screen to a certain image keeping lock screen slideshow?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change signin screen to a certain image keeping lock screen slideshow?: I have the option for 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' enabled, but every time I get to the sign-in screen the only image that is ever displayed is the default 'beach from inside a cave' picture. My current settings are that it will choose images as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Spotlight not change in Windows 10

2. windows 10 Spotlight images not changing