Windows 10: Windows 10 Spotlight Image does not change automatically

Discus and support Windows 10 Spotlight Image does not change automatically in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Team, Good day, I hope, all of you are safe and doing well. Please note, I had tried all the parameter towards solving this issue, However not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JaydeepsinhVaghela, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Spotlight Image does not change automatically

Hi Team, Good day,

I hope, all of you are safe and doing well.

Please note, I had tried all the parameter towards solving this issue, However not yet succeed.

I am using Dell Latitude E5470 with Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Built 18363.752

The spotlight image is not getting changed hourly or not in a day or two automatically.

And weird thing,I observed during my trail of all forum/threads solutions options which included format and clean installation of my Windows 10 Pro OS few days ago.

Now, still spotlight image is not getting change itself, unless I remove > Roaming.lock and Settings.dat two files manually and spotlight image gets change after a minute or so.Or If I click on spotlight image info at right top side " Like what you see" >Not a Fan >And spotlight image gets changed > These are the only two manual trigger I have to get my spotlight image change.

Note: above two files I remove manually from below mention directory and spotlight image gets change and stay forever until I again do this manual step.

C:\Users\Jayv\appdata\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\settings\

Can anyone have any idea or advise, I can try ?

I appreciate your time and assistance to get it solved !

Thank you !

Regards,

Jay

:)

JaydeepsinhVaghela, Mar 28, 2020

2. How to fix problems with lock screen images (Windows Spotlight)

This Windows 10 Tip
    highlights the Windows Spotlight setting, which automatically uploads beautiful images of scenery daily from around the world for the background on the lock screen.

What steps should I try if I’m having trouble with Windows Spotlight?
    For example, what should I do if:

• The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the lock screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the sign-in screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight option doesn’t appear in my lock screen settings.
    • The Windows Spotlight image isn’t changing. (It shows the same image every day.)

Meliton Dec, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Windows Spotlight stopped changing images

Hello,

To address your concern with Windows Spotlight, we suggest that you follow the suggestion of
    Michael Metz on this link
    for possible troubleshooting steps.

Get us back with the update.

Marvin Barc, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 Spotlight Image does not change automatically

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Spotlight Image does not change automatically

1. Windows 10 Spotlight Image does not change automatically - Similar Threads - Spotlight Image does

2. my images are not changing in Windows Spotlight.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my images are not changing in Windows Spotlight.: My background images on my home screen are now longer changing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-images-are-not-changing-in-windows-spotlight/952bfb8d-63e4-450b-a9d9-bf27be03d1eb
  3. my images are not changing in Windows Spotlight.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my images are not changing in Windows Spotlight.: My background images on my home screen are now longer changing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-images-are-not-changing-in-windows-spotlight/952bfb8d-63e4-450b-a9d9-bf27be03d1eb
  4. Windows spotlight automatically changes to picture!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight automatically changes to picture!: Hey, I have been using windows 11 since a long time and I must say it is a cool experience, in my opinion I must say it has plenty of feature issues and bugs,one of the most important one is the windows spotlight feature, for some reason it doesn't work in my machine. I reset...
  5. Windows spotlight automatically changes to picture!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight automatically changes to picture!: Hey, I have been using windows 11 since a long time and I must say it is a cool experience, in my opinion I must say it has plenty of feature issues and bugs,one of the most important one is the windows spotlight feature, for some reason it doesn't work in my machine. I reset...
  6. Windows Spotlight images as desktop image automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Spotlight images as desktop image automatically: Hi everyone, Now, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place here to ask something like this. Please feel free to send me somewhere where they would know. I think the title sums up the gist of it. I really like the images that Windows Spotlight shoots at me everyday. So I want...
  7. Windows Spotlight - Image doesn't change.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight - Image doesn't change.: Hey, Since i got my new pc the image remain the same. I tried dozen of differnt solutions but nothing worked. Then one day it started to work and the images changed daily. But after a while it stopped again and I wasn't able to make windows spotlight ever since. I've...
  8. Could This Be Why the Spotlight Image Does Not Change?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Could This Be Why the Spotlight Image Does Not Change?: Like some other Windows 10 users, my Windows Spotlight image stopped refreshing shortly after my recent clean install of Windows 10. The image never changes, and neither do the 'feature suggestions, fun facts and tips.' In Settings > Personalization > Lock screen >...
  9. Could This Be Why the Spotlight Image Does Not Change?

in Windows 10 Support
    Could This Be Why the Spotlight Image Does Not Change?: Like some other Windows 10 users, my Windows Spotlight image stopped refreshing shortly after my recent clean install of Windows 10. The image never changes, and neither do the 'feature suggestions, fun facts and tips.' In Settings > Personalization > Lock screen >...
  10. Windows Spotlight changes Images in 7 days.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Spotlight changes Images in 7 days.: Hi, I was running Windows 10 - 1803 till 3/10/2018 and my Windows Spotlight was running fine. - I performed windows update to 1809 and the spotlight was stuck to the same image - I did reset and re-registation of spotlight without any luck. - I reformatted my laptop to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows spotlight not updating