Windows 10: Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education

Discus and support Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently activated Windows 10 Education on my new PC only to find out that Windows Spotlight is gone. I am running version 1909. I have used Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VarokSaurfang, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education

I recently activated Windows 10 Education on my new PC only to find out that Windows Spotlight is gone. I am running version 1909. I have used Home since the release of Windows 10 and have used Windows Spotlight since its introduction. I am blown away that such an innocent, neat, and interesting feature like Spotlight would be disabled in Education.

Why? All of my research has told me nothing about their reasoning. There isn't any advertising on there, it's just showing you beautiful pictures from around the world and asking if you like or dislike them every day.

While I can at least rest easy knowing it's widespread, I feel powerless. If I, a single person, contacts Microsoft to complain, they won't do anything. The Feedback Hub might as well be worthless for all the good it will do. Is there anyone here using Education or who is knowledgeable about Windows 10 versions who is willing to explain this?

I thought Education is supposed to be basically the most full-fledged version of Windows 10? You mean to tell me Spotlight, a simple feature for cool wallpapers that show different cultures and parts of the world, is considered unimportant for Windows 10's flagship? I wish I could trade Education for Pro (I'm serious, can I somehow downgrade to Pro with my existing key)?

submitted by /u/VarokSaurfang
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VarokSaurfang, Jan 12, 2020

2. windows 10 education version 1803 , windows spotlight is not listed

check this !

Configure Windows Spotlight on the lock screen (Windows 10) - Configure Windows

For managed devices running Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education, enterprise administrators can configure a mobile device management (MDM) or Group Policy setting to prevent users from using the Windows Spotlight background. For managed devices
    running Windows 10 Pro, version 1607, administrators can disable suggestions for third party apps.

Mohamed Ashor, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education

1. Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education - Similar Threads - Spotlight disabled Education

2. Spotlight not available Windows 11 Education

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight not available Windows 11 Education: Hi,could you help me how can I enable Spotlight in Windows 11 Education?I only can choose on lock screen drop down Picture or Slideshow.Thank you!...
  3. Spotlight not available Windows 11 Education

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight not available Windows 11 Education: Hi,could you help me how can I enable Spotlight in Windows 11 Education?I only can choose on lock screen drop down Picture or Slideshow.Thank you!...
  4. Unable to enable Spotlight in Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to enable Spotlight in Windows 10 Education: Recently, I had installed a Windows 10 Education Operating System issued under the Microsoft Azure Subscription in my desktop. Everything is working smoothy except for the spotlight. I am unable to enable that feature in Settings. It says some settings are managed by the...
  5. Windows spotlight on Windows 10 Pro Education

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows spotlight on Windows 10 Pro Education: Hi, can anyone help with enabling windows spotlight in my lock screen on a windows 10 pro education? It does not show the option of windows spotlight in the drop down menu. I don't have any organization managing my account. the version is 20H2 Os build 19042.867 I...
  6. Windows 10 Spotlight option missing - Windows education

Windows 10 Spotlight option missing - Windows education: Windows 10 Education Version: 2004 Problem: Windows 10 Spotlight option missing Also, the famous related message that nobody on internet is able to remove: "*Some of there setting are hidden or managed by your organization" [ATTACH] Same problem stated here:...
  7. How to disable log-in in Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable log-in in Windows 10 Education: Hello I am using Windows 10 Education, provided by my college. Disabling log-on page option seems to be hidden that I cannot do it in regular ways suggested in existing posts. The reason of the disabling is: startup programs start running after the log-on. I usually turn...
  8. Can't find Windows Spotlight on Windows 10 Education

Can't find Windows Spotlight on Windows 10 Education: I used College Buys and get a free Windows 10 Edu Keypersonal Use, but after I reinstalled my computer 1909 the Windows Spotlight isn't on the lock screen list. On the screen it says "some feature are hidden by your organization", but nothing cause effect in gpedit, and I...
  9. Can't find Windows Spotlight on Windows 10 Education

Can't find Windows Spotlight on Windows 10 Education: I used College Buys and get a free Windows 10 Edu Key, but after I reinstalled my computer 1909 the Windows Spotlight isn't on the lock screen list. On the screen it says "some feature are hidden by your organization", but nothing cause effect in gpedit, and I didn't get the...
  10. Windows Spotlight is disabled

Windows Spotlight is disabled: Hello! My windows spotlight is disabled or not showing it says some settings are hidden or managed by organization..... I have tried couple of ways as stated by many youtubers but all of them are not working on my windows. My windows is fully activated and genuine but after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 education spotlight 2004

2. disable spotlight windows 10 education

3. how to enable spotlight in windows 10 education