Windows 10: Windows 10 Spotlight option missing - Windows education

Discus and support Windows 10 Spotlight option missing - Windows education in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows 10 Education Version: 2004 Problem: Windows 10 Spotlight option missing Also, the famous related message that nobody on internet is able to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Pedro0707, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Pedro0707 Win User

Windows 10 Spotlight option missing - Windows education

Windows 10 Education

Version: 2004

Problem: Windows 10 Spotlight option missing

Also, the famous related message that nobody on internet is able to remove: "*Some of there setting are hidden or managed by your organization"

Windows 10 Spotlight option missing - Windows education 01b91206-abd2-4c0b-9dd4-1ddc61b7bf68?upload=true.png

Same problem stated here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-spotlight-option-missing-in-my-pc/57bcb732-3d21-4a5c-9803-993a29fc3cab

Why they closed the thread if there was no solution?

Other related links:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/windows-10-education-version-1803-windows/8ac0c364-42d6-42fe-8f16-24af40d2dc76?page=1

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/762avt/windows_10_education_spotlight/

I Tried:

--------------

Press Windows key + R
    Type: gpedit.msc
    Hit Enter
    Navigate to User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Cloud Content\Configure Spotlight on lock screen
    Double click it and make sure it is enabled.

----------------

Result: The Lockscreen page gets greyed out

No solution yet!

:)

Pedro0707, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Windows Spotlight option is missing from the drop down list

Yes, for at least one case in the FCU (updates policies) there's an accompanying link to see the details, it may apply to all such cases.

Windows 10 Spotlight option missing - Windows education [​IMG]

Edit: but not in all cases, it seems. The particular policy to disable Spotlight is only available in Enterprise and Education, so I can't test that one. I can test another policy that also affects Personalization settings - stopping users from choosing desktop wallpaper. There's no explanation for that 'some setting are managed...' message.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Windows Spotlight option is missing from the drop down list

Could this have anything to do with it?

Have you disabled any Services or Telemetry in any way?

Edwin, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Spotlight option missing - Windows education - Similar Threads - Spotlight option missing

2. How to enable Windows Spotlight option for lock screen in Windows 11 Education?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Windows Spotlight option for lock screen in Windows 11 Education?: Hi, I have a problem with Windows Spotlight on my Windows 11 Education edition. I want to use Windows Spotlight as my lock screen background, but the option is not showing up in the Settings app. I only see Picture and Slideshow options under Background.I have downloaded...
  3. Spotlight not available Windows 11 Education

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight not available Windows 11 Education: Hi,could you help me how can I enable Spotlight in Windows 11 Education?I only can choose on lock screen drop down Picture or Slideshow.Thank you!...
  4. Spotlight not available Windows 11 Education

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotlight not available Windows 11 Education: Hi,could you help me how can I enable Spotlight in Windows 11 Education?I only can choose on lock screen drop down Picture or Slideshow.Thank you!...
  5. Unable to enable Spotlight in Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to enable Spotlight in Windows 10 Education: Recently, I had installed a Windows 10 Education Operating System issued under the Microsoft Azure Subscription in my desktop. Everything is working smoothy except for the spotlight. I am unable to enable that feature in Settings. It says some settings are managed by the...
  6. Windows spotlight on Windows 10 Pro Education

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows spotlight on Windows 10 Pro Education: Hi, can anyone help with enabling windows spotlight in my lock screen on a windows 10 pro education? It does not show the option of windows spotlight in the drop down menu. I don't have any organization managing my account. the version is 20H2 Os build 19042.867 I...
  7. Can't find Windows Spotlight on Windows 10 Education

Can't find Windows Spotlight on Windows 10 Education: I used College Buys and get a free Windows 10 Edu Keypersonal Use, but after I reinstalled my computer 1909 the Windows Spotlight isn't on the lock screen list. On the screen it says "some feature are hidden by your organization", but nothing cause effect in gpedit, and I...
  8. Can't find Windows Spotlight on Windows 10 Education

Can't find Windows Spotlight on Windows 10 Education: I used College Buys and get a free Windows 10 Edu Key, but after I reinstalled my computer 1909 the Windows Spotlight isn't on the lock screen list. On the screen it says "some feature are hidden by your organization", but nothing cause effect in gpedit, and I didn't get the...
  9. Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education: I recently activated Windows 10 Education on my new PC only to find out that Windows Spotlight is gone. I am running version 1909. I have used Home since the release of Windows 10 and have used Windows Spotlight since its introduction. I am blown away that such an innocent,...
  10. windows 10 Spotlight option missing in my pc having windows education not linked with any...

windows 10 Spotlight option missing in my pc having windows education not linked with any...: I am using windows 10 Education. I am not able to use lock-screen spotlight feature. On the lock screens settings page this message is present there"*some features are hidden or managed by your organization" I have no organization managing my computer Here are the only...