Windows 10: Windows 10 Spring 2018 update fails left system inoperable.

Discus and support Windows 10 Spring 2018 update fails left system inoperable. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is the second time that Windows 10 Spring 2018 has trashed my computer. After the first time, I thought I had disabled Windows 10 from updating.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveNone1, Jul 6, 2018.

1. DaveNone1 Win User

Windows 10 Spring 2018 update fails left system inoperable.

This is the second time that Windows 10 Spring 2018 has trashed my computer. After the first time, I thought I had disabled Windows 10 from updating. Over the past 5 months Windows 10 has tried to update and crashed every single time. The update freezes at about 83%. After hard power off (hold power button for 6 seconds) It reboots and attempts to continue and freezes again. By freezing I mean CAPS Lock, Num Lock, Scroll Lock LEDs no longer toggle and the computer just sets there. One time I left it for 5 hours no change. I hard power off again and the system reboots and tries to restore the previous image and failed. It left the computer unbootable.

bootrev /fixboot fails with access denied

bootrec /scanos Says Total identified Windows installations: 0

bootrec /rebuildbcd says Total identified Windows installations: 0

I tried the bcdedit step to save the old bcd file and the attrib step to change file permissions and ren bcd bcd_old steps. Followed by another /rebuildbcd step with reported 0 windows installations found.

I get a BSOD with 0xc000000f error.

I know Windows is there. D:\Windows exists and looks to be intact.

I can't seem to get this system to boot. How can I fix it without a clean wipe. I can't afford a clean wipe. The system was working just fine before Windows 10 attempted a failed update.

I am downloading the Spring Update iso hoping that it will help resolve the issue.

I really need to get this computer to boot without loosing all the data.

And I need to permenantly disable the Windows 10 update since it has failed more than 15 times and has trashed my computer twice. Evidently my computer hw is not compatibly with the automated update of Windows 10.

:)

DaveNone1, Jul 6, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Windows 10 Spring 2018 update fails left system inoperable. pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Spring 2018 Update for Windows 10

I tried installing the Spring 2018 Update for Windows 10 a week ago on my Lenovo laptop. It restarted and went to a black screen with the circle indicating it was trying to load but didn't. I tried System Restore after booting from Windows 10 iso. That
    did not work. I tried several Recovery options that would not work. I ended up doing a clean install with all the Updates up to the Spring 2018 Update. I set it to try the install again in a week. I have tried to make sure all of my drivers esp. the video
    driver was up to date as recommended earlier. Has there been any word on whether that bug has been fixed before I try the install again? Thanks.

ThurstonNorris, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Spring 2018 update fails left system inoperable.

Windows 10 Spring 2018 Creators Update - How to get it now

This years (2018) Spring update has not yet been released. Should be available as early as April 2nd or as late April 9th or 10th.

Please note that since I have not yet installed it since it not yet available the instruction posted are:

1) At this time is temporary and subject to change once the Spring Creators Update (version 1803) is released.

2) Some information is at this time based on last years Fall Creators Update (Version 1709 / Build 16299) and will be updated once this years (2018) Spring Creators Update is released. For now just substitute
    Spring wherever you see the word Fall in the details listed below.

J W Stuart, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Spring 2018 update fails left system inoperable.

1. Windows 10 Spring 2018 update fails left system inoperable. - Similar Threads - Spring 2018 update

2. Windows 10 2018 update failed badly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2018 update failed badly: I've a AMD laptop with Windows 10 which recently got one of the major 2018 updates. However it failed on the missing Windows\config\systemprofile\Desktop folder. Even after adding it and setting security for all nothing happens. Rebooting the computer and logging in shows the...
  3. Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update: Alright. I'm pretty upset at this point. The Spring Creators Update messed up my computer, costing me $400 in repairs and new harddrives. Once all that was fixed, I got all my stuff reinstalled, games, everything. Then I ran into problems with the games. Dragon Age...
  4. Spring Creators Update 2018

Spring Creators Update 2018: Quick question [PANIC] is the HP 15-f010 wm compatible with the update because last time I tried I had to reinstall windows and I'm trying again (Note to self: GOD IM SO SMART BUT SO STUPID AT THE SAME TIME)...
  5. Windows 10 October 2018 Update failed.

Windows 10 October 2018 Update failed.: So I attempted to install the new Oct. 2018 update on my Surface studio and it didn't installed correctly. So now when I turn on the Surface studio it only shows a black screen and won't let me do anything. I need help to fix this issue. Is there a way to do a factory reset...
  6. Windows 10 Spring update

Windows 10 Spring update: Hello, I have a new HP business laptop and so far I have installed Office 2016, Symantec Security Endpoint protection and have downloaded a handful of Microsoft updates but after 10 days the Spring update has not started to download or install. The computer is connected to...
  7. windows 10 spring creators update

windows 10 spring creators update: Can't do update. Finds issues. Avira Antivir. The suggested file Avipbb.sys is not found & all old Avira folders are deleted. I ran AviraRegistercleaner in safe mode & it completed successfully. Back in regular mode & get the same issue with update. I am not currently using...
  8. Windows 10 spring update 2018

Windows 10 spring update 2018: Why do people STILL put up with the arrogant attitude put forth by the Microsoft organization? On 4 occasions Windows 10 tried to update my system with the spring 2018 creators upgrade. On the 4th attempt, it bricked my computer. AND I MEAN BRICKED. I spent a full 3...
  9. Windows 10 spring 2018 update 1803 clears WinRM client TrustedHosts list

Windows 10 spring 2018 update 1803 clears WinRM client TrustedHosts list: After a Windows 10 machine installs the 1803 update, the WinRM client TrustedHosts list is cleared. This is a headache to go to all clients and re-establish the setting. Is this a) known and b) a bug or a feature?...
  10. W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC: I defer any major feature update for 6 months to let others iron out the faults created by dodgy MS software engineering.