Windows 10: Windows 10: SSD space doesn't add up

Discus and support Windows 10: SSD space doesn't add up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Dell XPS 13 with a 128 GB SSD. In practice, the total space it has is 119 GB, and I'm currently sitting at 3.94 GB of free space on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bizbappo, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Bizbappo Win User

Windows 10: SSD space doesn't add up

Hello,

I have a Dell XPS 13 with a 128 GB SSD. In practice, the total space it has is 119 GB, and I'm currently sitting at 3.94 GB of free space on it. However, when adding up every folder, my C: drive only contains 41 GB of files. Performing a Disk Cleanup would be negligible ~15 MB + 200 MB of downloads. Here is how Windows tells me the space is allocated:

Windows 10: SSD space doesn't add up 77172b0a-3a50-4fc5-9aa1-1ba41fdacd59?upload=true.png

I downloaded WinDirStat to see if there would be any additional information, but it gives me the same report:

Windows 10: SSD space doesn't add up e57be1e1-09ce-4c74-8dba-89d8ade23648?upload=true.png

Windows 10: SSD space doesn't add up bb084371-27fd-4d00-80ee-b2b12482956d?upload=true.png

JCACHE files are for the only game I have left installed, and WAV files are voice recordings I have stored. These 8-10 GB are pretty much the only space I actually use on my drive.

I do have the hibernation file hiberfil.sys, but it takes up 3.3 GB. It is a sizeable chunk, but not 64 GB. I tried a few solutions online but nothing helped.

What could it possibly be, and how can I get to actually use my disk space? As of right now, this laptop is pretty much unusable.

:)

Bizbappo, Apr 8, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10: SSD space doesn't add up [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 8, 2020
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Apr 8, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows 10: SSD space doesn't add up [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10: SSD space doesn't add up - Similar Threads - SSD space doesn't

2. Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference: Recently i wanted to try and clean up my C drive because it was full. And i've noticed that when i select all folders in the drive it shows 377GB. But the properties of the drive itself say that it has 882GB on it. What am i missing here? I'll be happy to give more info but i...
  3. Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference: Recently i wanted to try and clean up my C drive because it was full. And i've noticed that when i select all folders in the drive it shows 377GB. But the properties of the drive itself say that it has 882GB on it. What am i missing here? I'll be happy to give more info but i...
  4. Storage space doesn't add up with a 400GB difference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk C low on space - space doesn't add up - when nothing else works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk C low on space - space doesn't add up - when nothing else works: Disk C low on space space doesn't add upTotal C space: 220 GbFree space in explorer: 7-23 Gb, shown in red color Manually calculated used space: 53 GbWhere is the rest??????Hidden files? not onlyAfter performing the following operations i freed space to have only 91 Gb used...
  6. Disk C low on space - space doesn't add up - when nothing else works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk C low on space - space doesn't add up - when nothing else works: Disk C low on space space doesn't add upTotal C space: 220 GbFree space in explorer: 7-23 Gb, shown in red color Manually calculated used space: 53 GbWhere is the rest??????Hidden files? not onlyAfter performing the following operations i freed space to have only 91 Gb used...
  7. Disk C low on space - space doesn't add up - when nothing else works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My storage space doesn't add up

in Windows 10 Customization
    My storage space doesn't add up: When I look at my storage, the apps and games section says 80gb, but when I add everything up it is less. How can this be https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-storage-space-doesnt-add-up/8d1b70bd-2067-4253-9112-116671a76803
  9. Free space in partitions doesn't add up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free space in partitions doesn't add up?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LookOutBelowwwwwww [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gd0ovp/free_space_in_partitions_doesnt_add_up/
  10. Whats up with windows 10 eating up free SSD space?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Whats up with windows 10 eating up free SSD space?: Hi guys, quick question. I seem to have 5GB of free space caught up in something and cant seem to delete it. I tried using the windows 10 tool under settings to get rid of it and it wont work - See attached. Whats up with 5 gb of space? On a side note - I have been...