Windows 10: Windows 10 SSL not working when used via commandline

Discus and support Windows 10 SSL not working when used via commandline in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Because of this issue e.g. owncloud client is not working on this machine. Issue can be reproduced using wget.exe which seems to use same ssl... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohannSchadler, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 SSL not working when used via commandline

Because of this issue e.g. owncloud client is not working on this machine. Issue can be reproduced using wget.exe which seems to use same ssl component. Port 443 is not blocked outgoing, verified by 'telnet hostname 443'. I'd like to mention, all browsers are working without any issues.

It would be helpful to get any hints what components might be involved in this communication channel! McAfee has already been disabled temporary to exclude it as possible root cause.

:)

JohannSchadler, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

SSL Error preventing connection in Windows 10 - Potential Culprit Malwarebytes?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Yes, third party applications can block port #443 which is a port number for the secure version of Hypertext Transfer Protocol (http) used to access web pages. I would suggest you uninstall Malwarebytes as you already have Avast
    security and Windows defender which comes with Windows 10 to keep your computer safe.

If you are still not able to access the secure (https) websites, then follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check if SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are enabled

1. Open Internet explorer (IE) and then click on tools menu.
    2. Then go to Internet option.
    3. Then go to Advance tab and click make sure Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 are checked.
    4. Click on apply and then OK.

Method 2: Check the secure sockets layers (SSL) slate.

1. Open Internet explorer (IE) and then click on tools menu.
    2. Then go to Internet option.
    3. Then go to Content tab and click on Clear SSL State.
    4. Click on Apply and then OK.

Method 3: Reset Security settings under trusted sites zones in internet explorer.

1. Open Internet Explorer (IE) and then click on tools menu.
    2. Then go to Internet Options.
    3. Go to Security tab and click on trusted sites. Then click on reset all zones to default level.

Method 4:
    Follow the steps mentioned in the article:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 SSL not working when used via commandline

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 SSL not working when used via commandline

1. Windows 10 SSL not working when used via commandline - Similar Threads - SSL working used

2. Regarding Commandline Arguments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Commandline Arguments: I have a small Question i want to ask that what does "-s" Stand for I have some curosity but i cant find it on google.Thanks in advance.Image is just for refference...
  3. Regarding Commandline Arguments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding Commandline Arguments: I have a small Question i want to ask that what does "-s" Stand for I have some curosity but i cant find it on google.Thanks in advance.Image is just for refference...
  4. Regarding Commandline Arguments

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to install custom device driver winusb using commandline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to install custom device driver winusb using commandline: Hi, I have created a custom usb device driver based on winusb. Now, i am trying to create a installer by calling commands within it. Please let me know the best method using cmd.exe. Thank you, Regards, Vijay...
  6. windows 10 stops working when not in use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 stops working when not in use: Windows 10 stops working after sort time of inactivity. Any open window reads "not responding". All setting are set to never for sleep, power, drive, and so on. This started in August. Have run sfc /scannow and others. still does the same thing. What is odd, when Word or...
  7. SSL certificate locations when using an Xampp localhost setup

SSL certificate locations when using an Xampp localhost setup: Background: Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909, OS build 18363.1082 with a Wordpress website (copied from a running on-line site) running on an Xampp/Apache localhost environment. I am trying to implement a secure localhost environment (because I copy my secure...
  8. SSL issues in Virtual Machines when using HyperV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSL issues in Virtual Machines when using HyperV: Hi all, I've been using HyperV to host virtual machines I need for work, but no matter what Linux distribution I am running, I am encountering SSL errors whenever I reach out to remote endpoints. This seems to reliably happen whenever distributions need to perform updates....
  9. Remote Windows FTP via Filezilla and SSL (FROM Linux TO windows)

Remote Windows FTP via Filezilla and SSL (FROM Linux TO windows): Hi folks Anybody got any comments about Filezilla as a client on a Linux GUI to retrieve files from a remote Windows system via SSL. It works perfectly from LINUX to LINUX (you need to ensure openssl and service sshd is running) but it seems a little bit of a pain to get an...
  10. Setting static IP via commandline: "the parameter is incorrect" error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting static IP via commandline: "the parameter is incorrect" error: Could someone tell me specficially what is wrong with the following command? It looks to me to be concordant with the instructions I'm trying to follow: Code: C:\Windows\system32>netsh interface ip add dns name="Ethernet" static 8.8.8.8 index=2 The parameter is...