Windows 10: Windows 10 stack on 17/11/18

Discus and support Windows 10 stack on 17/11/18 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I turned on my computer windows perform system restore to 17/11/18. All updates, apps and programs I add (or remove) vanished (or remains)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ron_Rv, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Ron_Rv Win User

Windows 10 stack on 17/11/18

Every time I turned on my computer windows perform system restore to 17/11/18.

All updates, apps and programs I add (or remove) vanished (or remains) from my pc after reboot.

I can't use msconfig to get safe boot. After reboot windows starts normally.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

R

:)

Ron_Rv, Nov 19, 2018
  2. XXtanyaXX Win User

WINDOWS 10 11/16/17 UPDATE

Hi,

DELL XPS 8610 (?) (CAME W/ WIN 10)

As time goes on, I like windows 10 less and less.

11/15/17: update (1/2 hour to get back into windows.

11/16(17)/17: Option: choose update and shut off.

This AM 1 hour on black screen with slowly turning dots in a circle.

Shut off and powered on:

"trying to recover install"

25 minutes "working on updates" will restart several times.

1. Has MS finally destroyed my computer?

I need PC for income/productivity. (MS might want 2 consider this)

2. Is this normal?

3. ANY suggestions?

4. Is this shades of YOUR future treatment of COMPUTER OWNERS?

XXtanyaXX, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2018
  4. scoot Win User

How to stack email icons on taskbar in Windows 10

Hello,
    Just moved from w7 to 10. one thing i haven't found is how to get multiple windows for any open application on the task bar to stack, instead of appearing side by side. win 7 did it by default as far as I know.

I don't want this. Way too cumbersome to manage with many emails open at once

Windows 10 stack on 17/11/18 [​IMG]

I want this

Windows 10 stack on 17/11/18 [​IMG]

Thanks in advance

scoot, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stack on 17/11/18 - Similar Threads - stack

2. BSOD - driver overran stack buffer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - driver overran stack buffer: Hello,Without warning I have started getting BSOD. I was playing a game, paused for 30 minutes to eat left laptop idle without anything open, opened the game and BSOD.First I had BSOD with "page fault in nonpaged area eaanticheat.sys"Updated everything I could Windows,...
  3. BSOD - driver overran stack buffer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - driver overran stack buffer: Hello,Without warning I have started getting BSOD. I was playing a game, paused for 30 minutes to eat left laptop idle without anything open, opened the game and BSOD.First I had BSOD with "page fault in nonpaged area eaanticheat.sys"Updated everything I could Windows,...
  4. DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER: So, I was going to play FC 24 and I installed an update. After installing the update, I tried running the game and got the BSOD. However, just a few hours earlier, without making the update the game worked. Now, every time I load the game I get BSOD. What do I do???...
  5. DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER

DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER: So, I was going to play FC 24 and I installed an update. After installing the update, I tried running the game and got the BSOD. However, just a few hours earlier, without making the update the game worked. Now, every time I load the game I get BSOD. What do I do???...
  6. Windows 11 network stack has a routing bug. It sends frames out the wrong egress interface,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 network stack has a routing bug. It sends frames out the wrong egress interface,...: Windows routing sucks. It is so buggy it forwards frames out the wrong interface. It appears not to follow the basic routing principle of "longest-match-wins" in the routing table. It seems as though even when a more specific route exists in the routing table "route print" it...
  7. Windows 11 network stack has a routing bug. It sends frames out the wrong egress interface,...

Windows 11 network stack has a routing bug. It sends frames out the wrong egress interface,...: Windows routing sucks. It is so buggy it forwards frames out the wrong interface. It appears not to follow the basic routing principle of "longest-match-wins" in the routing table. It seems as though even when a more specific route exists in the routing table "route print" it...
  8. Usb Printers stack on the same USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Printers stack on the same USB port: I have 3 Identical printers plugged physically into 3 different usb ports, They all share USB 1 they will not create seperate virtual usb ports. I have tried various ways of plugging them in before and after the machine is turned on. One printer at a time but nothing works,....
  9. Usb Printers stack on the same USB port

Usb Printers stack on the same USB port: I have 3 Identical printers plugged physically into 3 different usb ports, They all share USB 1 they will not create seperate virtual usb ports. I have tried various ways of plugging them in before and after the machine is turned on. One printer at a time but nothing works,....
  10. Usb Printers stack on the same USB port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware