Windows 10: Windows 10 Standard Apps not able to set Visual Studio Code as default *.php editor

Discus and support Windows 10 Standard Apps not able to set Visual Studio Code as default *.php editor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I cannot set Visual Studio Code to the main program for programming in Standard Apps/ and/ or programs. I am getting this error: [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Martin von Wichfeld, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Standard Apps not able to set Visual Studio Code as default *.php editor

Hi

I cannot set Visual Studio Code to the main program for programming in Standard Apps/ and/ or programs. I am getting this error:

Windows 10 Standard Apps not able to set Visual Studio Code as default *.php editor b5af1db5-4675-45f9-a231-3a2eccb54688?upload=true.png

What is happening with Win10

Sincerely

Martin Wichmand

:)

Martin von Wichfeld, Nov 7, 2018

2. Windows 10 - How do I set Visual Studio Code as my default HTML editor?

Chrome is set as my default browser and it opens html files by default.

However when I right-click an html file to open it for editing Dreamweaver launches and opens the file.

How do I set Visual Studio Code as my default editor? I'm using Windows 10. I'm not sure where to change that.

Thanks so much for any help!

Al_COREtreeservice, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - How do I set Visual Studio Code as my default HTML editor?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Default apps

Scroll to the bottom

Click Choose default apps by file type

Scroll down to .html

Click the currently assigned then choose Visual Studio Code if its listed.

If that still doesn't help, you might want to ask on the dedicated forum:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spa...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Standard Apps not able to set Visual Studio Code as default *.php editor

Supporting JUnit 5 in Visual Studio Code

Source: Supporting JUnit 5 in Visual Studio Code | The Visual Studio Blog

Brink, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Standard Apps not able to set Visual Studio Code as default *.php editor

1. Windows 10 Standard Apps not able to set Visual Studio Code as default *.php editor - Similar Threads - Standard Apps able

2. i got proxy error in visual studio code editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got proxy error in visual studio code editor: PS C:\Users\yash santosh gupta\Desktop\yash_cap08_087\cap8\Javascript\JS-Promises-Virtual-McDonald> npm install npm WARN config global `--global`, `--local` are deprecated. Use `--location=global` instead. npm ERR! code ECONNRESET npm ERR! network aborted npm ERR! network...
  3. i got proxy error in visual studio code editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i got proxy error in visual studio code editor: PS C:\Users\yash santosh gupta\Desktop\yash_cap08_087\cap8\Javascript\JS-Promises-Virtual-McDonald> npm install npm WARN config global `--global`, `--local` are deprecated. Use `--location=global` instead. npm ERR! code ECONNRESET npm ERR! network aborted npm ERR! network...
  4. Visual Studio Code and HTML

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio Code and HTML: I've been setting up Visual Studio Code for a while now.I'm down to attempting to get VS Code to open and execute HTML files.I found a way to do this after watching Tech Decode on YouTube.Google Chrome is installed in C:\Programs\Google\Chrome\Application. It executes without...
  5. Visual Studio Code problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual Studio Code problem: I don't even know how to ask this question, but what's up with lines being crossed out and the word Music being there. How do I turn this off? If I right click it says "replace" or "dismiss". If I choose replace it puts the word Music in there. Why does it even think I want...
  6. Unable to install Visual Studio Code Editor on my Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Visual Studio Code Editor on my Windows 10 PC: I downloaded Microsoft Visual Studio Code Editor. When trying to execute the install file, I get the error message that the file is corrupt and get another copy. I downloaded the install file from three different sites including the Microsoft Store and I get the same...
  7. Visual Studio Code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Studio Code: Does anyone know why VS code keeps looking like this when I move my cursor around? It also happens when I minimize it. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-code/1ef1f542-31a9-4955-b1e6-de5d8347abe2
  8. "Open in visual studio" set as default for opening folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Open in visual studio" set as default for opening folders: Hello, So recently I don't know why visual studio is being opened whenever i open a folder, In order for me to open a folder i have to right click and open in a new window. when I right click the topmost opetion and the option in bold is "Open in Visual Studio".. Is...
  9. Visual Studio Code now the default development environment at Facebook

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Code now the default development environment at Facebook: [ATTACH] We’re making Visual Studio Code the default development environment at Facebook and teaming with Microsoft to help enhance their remote development extensions in an effort to enable engineers to do remote development at scale. History Facebook engineers have...
  10. visual studio code

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    visual studio code: see this error in this main function is there but also the error shows I send u this screen shot tell me what is the problem[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-studio-code/967d7874-6286-45e7-b899-b6a91312cffd"