Windows 10: Windows 10 standard image licensing

Discus and support Windows 10 standard image licensing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am so confused by windows licensing and am looking for some guidance on how to proceed without creating a problem for myself. Currently we have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bluewwol, Mar 15, 2019.

1. bluewwol Win User

Windows 10 standard image licensing

I am so confused by windows licensing and am looking for some guidance on how to proceed without creating a problem for myself.

Currently we have a small number of systems that are all the same hardware and were purchased with windows 10 home edition installed. We have spent a good deal of time customizing the windows environment. In the coming months we will be adding 10 to 20 of these systems a month, and I would like to create standard image with Clonezilla or Ghost in order to streamline this process.

My current understanding is I can not simply create an image of one of my current systems and use that image, however I have not been able to locate a concise explanation of what I need to accomplish my task in a legitimate and cost effective manner.

Any assistance in this regard would be much appreciated.

:)

bluewwol, Mar 15, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 standard image licensing - Similar Threads - standard image licensing

2. Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition Licensing on Azure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition Licensing on Azure: Hi All, I understand that WS 2019 Standard Edition on azure when its running as hypervisor nested virtualization, it provides rights for up to 2 Operating System Environments, my question is the OS here windows or linux ? or i can install unlimited number of linux OSs ?...
  3. Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition Licensing on Azure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition Licensing on Azure: Hi All, I understand that WS 2019 Standard Edition on azure when its running as hypervisor nested virtualization, it provides rights for up to 2 Operating System Environments, my question is the OS here windows or linux ? or i can install unlimited number of linux OSs ?...
  4. Windows 10 standard user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 standard user: I cannot make a standard user for Win 10. Every time I do it does not allow a sign on, it immediately "logs out". If I change the type to administrator there is no problem. I ran scan/chk disk, no problem. No viruses....
  5. Download Windows 10 ISO Image Digitally Licensed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Windows 10 ISO Image Digitally Licensed: Hello there, I am an existing user of Microsoft and i want to download the OS10 ISO image with the following link of aka.ms. 2 Days back i am connected with one of the representative who assist me but now the link is shown as forbidden error. I don't want to download...
  6. Microsoft Digital Image Standard 2006

Microsoft Digital Image Standard 2006: About two weeks ago I purchased a HP laptop. Obviously, it came with Windows 10 64 bit. For years, I have used Microsoft Digital Image Standard 2006. I have the disc for it and with my old computer, I would do a complete reformat or restore as it seemed to be and everything...
  7. Updating windows 10 image, box license

Updating windows 10 image, box license: Can I update Windows 10 image via Media Creation Tool on USB flesh drive with box license? --- Sabrina https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-windows-10-image-box-license/b7215989-aec6-4a18-a1ba-b4d28d5e53af
  8. Windows Server 2016 Standard - 4 Virtual Processors - Licensing??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Server 2016 Standard - 4 Virtual Processors - Licensing??: Hi All, This might be a very stupid question but I wanted to confirm with you all. We have a Microsoft Environment with 3 Physical servers clustered running Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter - Hyper-V roles (No, servers are not serving any other roles or services). I...
  9. O/S Image deployment on Dell OEM licensed Windows 10 Pro with VL license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    O/S Image deployment on Dell OEM licensed Windows 10 Pro with VL license: Client has purchased 75 Dell workstations with windows 10 Pro (OEM License) installed. What I would like to do is take one and install needed programs and updates, create Master image and then push that out to the the remaining 74 workstations. What I'm being told I should...
  10. Installing Digital Image standard 2006 on Windows 10?

Installing Digital Image standard 2006 on Windows 10?: Hello, I recently purchased a new 64 bit Dell computer that has Windows 10 pre-installed on it. My previous computer as well had Windows 10 installed on it and I was able to run Microsoft Digital Image Standard 2006 without any issues. I have tried "Compatibility Mode" and...