Windows 10: Windows 10 standard image licensing

Discus and support Windows 10 standard image licensing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am so confused by windows licensing and am looking for some guidance on how to proceed without creating a problem for myself. Currently we have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bluewwol, Mar 15, 2019.

1. bluewwol Win User

Windows 10 standard image licensing

I am so confused by windows licensing and am looking for some guidance on how to proceed without creating a problem for myself.

Currently we have a small number of systems that are all the same hardware and were purchased with windows 10 home edition installed. We have spent a good deal of time customizing the windows environment. In the coming months we will be adding 10 to 20 of these systems a month, and I would like to create standard image with Clonezilla or Ghost in order to streamline this process.

My current understanding is I can not simply create an image of one of my current systems and use that image, however I have not been able to locate a concise explanation of what I need to accomplish my task in a legitimate and cost effective manner.

Any assistance in this regard would be much appreciated.

:)

bluewwol, Mar 15, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2019
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 standard image licensing - Similar Threads - standard image licensing

2. Windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 license: Hello. I just got a new PC and a brand nee Windows 10. The guys who built the PC also installed the windows saying they used the DVD i bought. However,think they used a pirate copy with one oc them windows activators. My question is how do i check if the installed copy is the...
  3. windows 10 license

windows 10 license: Hi, Can windows 10 single language and windows 10 home used in business? Can i used windows 10 home for more than 20 user? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-license/bbf01ac9-4b5c-4c70-a3cc-29f8b2fe95a2"
  4. windows 10 license

windows 10 license: I get a pop up stating that,"my windows license is going to expire soon. go to settings to activate. what is this all about. I haven't added or deleted anything from my computer lately. what do I do to activate my license?...
  5. Windows 10 license

Windows 10 license: I built a computer years ago and purchased the windows 7 oem version, I upgraded it to windows 10 when it was released. I would like to sell the computer now, can i somehow remove the windows 10 license from my microsoft account so that the new owner may link it to theirs...
  6. windows 10 license

windows 10 license: I have been getting the following message since 10 days quiet often-- " your windows license will expire soon" . How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-license/1039f586-2112-4c39-8de4-4279ae567ad8"
  7. Windows 10 license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 license: Original hard drive upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Pro has failed. Need to update 10 key from Home to Pro. When attempting this at Settings am told key incorrect, try another but this is what MS supplied with hardware. Dell XPS-8700. Thanks Johnyik...
  8. Reselling iso images of windows 10 without key codes or licenses

Reselling iso images of windows 10 without key codes or licenses: Hi. Is it legal to sell iso images of windows in DVDs or USB drives without any key codes, COA or licenses? They are mostly used to repair or recover windows since the install option is only a trial version that expires in few days and will block windows & will not be active...
  9. Installing Digital Image standard 2006 on Windows 10?

Installing Digital Image standard 2006 on Windows 10?: Hello, I recently purchased a new 64 bit Dell computer that has Windows 10 pre-installed on it. My previous computer as well had Windows 10 installed on it and I was able to run Microsoft Digital Image Standard 2006 without any issues. I have tried "Compatibility Mode" and...
  10. How to retrieve Data & License off Windows System Image.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to retrieve Data & License off Windows System Image.: Hi all, this is part two, to the thread "System Image Problem", I have not been able to do a System Image restore to my computer, for when the process gets to the very end, It tells me that the process failed and give the error "0x80070057: Parameter is incorrect". After...