Windows 10: windows 10 standby list large memory usage

Discus and support windows 10 standby list large memory usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The standby list grows from about 1Gb at system boot until after about an hour no more memory is available and the system crashes It has 8GB of RAM,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jerryr4, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Jerryr4 Win User

windows 10 standby list large memory usage

The standby list grows from about 1Gb at system boot until after about an hour no more memory is available and the system crashes

It has 8GB of RAM, the pagefile has minimum size of 4Gb, max 12Gb. The problem has existed for aout 5 weeks

WIndows 10 Pro 1909 is installed, latest updates

:)

Jerryr4, Mar 27, 2020
  2. EdKiefer Win User

Releasing Standby memory

This is the first I have heard of any issues with Standby list memory causing issues outside of games.
    I know there were a lot of reports around 1809 of games having issues where the standby list didn't release memory and games would stutter. There are a few programs that can clear up this issue. I have used both and they do work but I only used it for games, never noticed any issues in windows applications.
    ISLC (Intelligent standby list cleaner) by Wagnarsoft and Processlasso by Bitsum can clear the standby list automatically.

EdKiefer, Mar 27, 2020
  3. paulco Win User
    Releasing Standby memory

RamMap is working for me, when you click empty standby list you then close it, and it does its thing.

paulco, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 standby list large memory usage - Similar Threads - standby list large

2. windows 10 memory usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 memory usage: orywhen i opened the task manager and opened the resource monitor it is showing that in memory theirs is 1237MB usage of standby memory so my request is there will no problem to windows if we remove the standby memory...
  3. Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games.: Filling Memory Standby list causes stuttering in games. Over time, games begin to stutter. ISLC utility helps. Judging by the comments in internet, Intel systems and AMD systems are also subject to this problem. This problem has been dragging on for several years. Does...
  4. Extreme large memory usage by PrinterFilterPipeLineSvc.exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extreme large memory usage by PrinterFilterPipeLineSvc.exe: Hi My son has a brand new HP laptop. When he opens a large pdf 340 pages Windows sometimes is getting into problems with the allocated memory and crashes. We find in the logbooks next event: [ATTACH] This shows that there was a problem with the virtual memory. Sorry in...
  5. Releasing Standby memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Releasing Standby memory: Windows 10 Pro, 32GB memory, 970 GTX GPU. Ordinary boring, but previously very capable desktop. I'm running a couple Adobe tools. Needless to say, they are total pigs. And it appears they've gotten WORSE in the current version. When the Adobe products are up and running,...
  6. Memory Standby High

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Standby High: For some reason, my standby memory is really high, and when I empty it using RamMap it comes back like a 100 megabytes a second. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-standby-high/3a6a7a74-f99f-435d-a9da-59d139caf7ff
  7. standby memory not releasing

standby memory not releasing: Windows 10 ver 1903 standby memory not releasing, have to use Rammap all the time. All drivers are up to date, no malware or virus, any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standby-memory-not-releasing/e5341242-acc1-4a88-927d-bf7842fd3a54
  8. Large memory usage, but few processes running

Large memory usage, but few processes running: I'm running Win 10 with 4GB RAM. Windows gets updated automatically. In Task Manager, the Performance tab shows CPU usage of 7% but memory usage of 85% (3.3/3.9 GB). The only apps I have running are Outlook (desktop version), Task Manager and Windows Explorer, which...
  9. Standby memory and gaming dilemma

in Windows 10 Support
    Standby memory and gaming dilemma: After experiencing frequent crashing with The Sims 2, I applied the standby memory fix, setting the Task Scheduler to clear standby memory every 5 minutes. It solved my crashing, but it seems to come with the price of making the general Windows system hang and lag constantly...
  10. Large amount of Paged Pool memory usage over time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Large amount of Paged Pool memory usage over time: I have been fighting with this for some time and I can't figure out what it is. Over time, my Paged Pool memory usage keeps climbing until eventually I have to reboot to clear it out. It is a tough problem to search for because most people seem to have a problem with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 standby memory