Windows 10: windows 10 standby list large memory usage

Discus and support windows 10 standby list large memory usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The standby list grows from about 1Gb at system boot until after about an hour no more memory is available and the system crashes It has 8GB of RAM,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jerryr4, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Jerryr4 Win User

windows 10 standby list large memory usage

The standby list grows from about 1Gb at system boot until after about an hour no more memory is available and the system crashes

It has 8GB of RAM, the pagefile has minimum size of 4Gb, max 12Gb. The problem has existed for aout 5 weeks

WIndows 10 Pro 1909 is installed, latest updates

:)

Jerryr4, Mar 27, 2020
  2. EdKiefer Win User

Releasing Standby memory

This is the first I have heard of any issues with Standby list memory causing issues outside of games.
    I know there were a lot of reports around 1809 of games having issues where the standby list didn't release memory and games would stutter. There are a few programs that can clear up this issue. I have used both and they do work but I only used it for games, never noticed any issues in windows applications.
    ISLC (Intelligent standby list cleaner) by Wagnarsoft and Processlasso by Bitsum can clear the standby list automatically.

EdKiefer, Mar 27, 2020
  3. paulco Win User
    Releasing Standby memory

RamMap is working for me, when you click empty standby list you then close it, and it does its thing.

paulco, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 standby list large memory usage - Similar Threads - standby list large

2. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: Win 11I9 - 12900KF @5.0Ghz32 GB DDR5 @5200MhzRTX 3080Original thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-standby-list-and-memory-compression/4cc5956b-a8d2-42a3-8d4e-9e280bbc7699per the steps in the original thread on the last reply,"As a temporary...
  3. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: Win 11I9 - 12900KF @5.0Ghz32 GB DDR5 @5200MhzRTX 3080Original thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-standby-list-and-memory-compression/4cc5956b-a8d2-42a3-8d4e-9e280bbc7699per the steps in the original thread on the last reply,"As a temporary...
  4. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: I have an issue with Windows 11 Pro and Windows 10 before this but I'll focus on 11 as this is even more frustrating as RAMMAP doesn't work on Windows 11.I have 32G RAM, which is great. However my standby RAM usage is increaseing all of the time, on my older machine it seems...
  5. Windows 11 standby list and memory compression

Windows 11 standby list and memory compression: I have an issue with Windows 11 Pro and Windows 10 before this but I'll focus on 11 as this is even more frustrating as RAMMAP doesn't work on Windows 11.I have 32G RAM, which is great. However my standby RAM usage is increaseing all of the time, on my older machine it seems...
  6. Standby Memory

Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  7. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Standby Memory: Hello community! I've had a recurring issue exactly like the one stated in this article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-and-staterepository-state-repository/a2fc48f9-bdb1-4f33-9692-3750dc7d79f5?page=1. While trying to find information about the...
  8. Standby Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. High Standby Memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Standby Memory usage: Standby memory cache is something that Windows is has from a lot of time, and actually increase performance a lot and is a good thing, but what is not a good thing is that on my 4 GB RAM, it dumps a lot if cache in memory. In resource monitor and in task manager, I see that...
  10. Extreme large memory usage by PrinterFilterPipeLineSvc.exe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extreme large memory usage by PrinterFilterPipeLineSvc.exe: Hi My son has a brand new HP laptop. When he opens a large pdf 340 pages Windows sometimes is getting into problems with the allocated memory and crashes. We find in the logbooks next event: [ATTACH] This shows that there was a problem with the virtual memory. Sorry in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 standby memory