Windows 10: Windows 10 Star Menu tile lag - misplaced cursor for a few seconds

Discus and support Windows 10 Star Menu tile lag - misplaced cursor for a few seconds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am expieriencing a wierd start menu lag (for now im on the old start menu, i dunno if it appears on the fullscreen one because I haven't tested yet)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EShirou, Aug 11, 2015.

1. EShirou Win User

Windows 10 Star Menu tile lag - misplaced cursor for a few seconds

I am expieriencing a wierd start menu lag (for now im on the old start menu, i dunno if it appears on the fullscreen one because I haven't tested yet) and I want to ask if it's normal and/or how to fix it

Let's say I have for example two tiles pinned to my start menu in this order from top to bottom in one line:
    • Documents
    • Downloads
    • Games
    I am a person who selects everything in a blink of an eye so in one seconds, right after i click on start button I already have my mouse cursor on the tile I want to click and click it to open the thing I want to open, takes me 1 maybe 1,5 second to do this task. There is an issue with start menu in w10 over here. There is some weird lag or cursor alligement issue for about 1-2 seconds after you open start menu. When you hover over for example Downloads tile, and your mouse cursor is exactly at the downloads tile, instead one tile above the tile you are hovering is hovered and if i press it that tile will open. So if i hover over Downloads, Documents will hover, and if I click, it will open documents. If I hover over Games tile, it will hover Downloads and if I quickly click like i do usually, it will open Downloads folder instead :/ The only workaround for this is to either not move my mouse cursor and wait 5-10 seconds for the cursor placement to hover over the right thing (so when im hovering over Games, it will hover over games after those 5 seconds) or if I am constantly moving my mouse cursor around Games tile, then it will hover over that tile 2 seconds later after my mouse cursor has landed on that tile so I can finally click on it and open what I wanted:/ It is happening every time I open the start menu: Press start button > Hover over tile I want to open > need to move my mouse curcor around that tile for 1,5 ~ 2 seconds, or not move my cursor and wait 5 seconds for windows to actually select that tile > then I can click it, start menu will close, my thing will open > after I need to use start menu again I have to go through the same thing again...

Is it a common thing? Do you have the same issue? Did MS messed up something and the menu start has some weird delay/lag? Is there a fix?

EDIT: I made a video presenting the issue, available over here -> Start menu tile mosue cursor lag - YouTube

:)

EShirou, Aug 11, 2015
  2. aziraj Win User

Mouse and Keyboard lagging and slow response since Windows 10 update

Almost a year later and I have the same lagging issue in Windows 10 and Outlook 2016 product. The problem is much more noticeable when multiple monitors are involved. Major lag problem moving the mouse between monitors. The lagging is also noticeable using
    Microsoft Edge. Moving mouse/cursor to a monitor showing desktop is ok, but cursor lag is noticed as soon as Microsoft Edge or Outlook 2016 is on the same monitor. The lag is sometimes as much as 20 seconds at times. Very frustrating.

aziraj, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Skullguy Win User
    Loading Icon next to mouse cursor keeps flashing

a few weeks after i upgaded to windows 10 my mouse cursor starts acting weird.

Symptoms

- The loading icon next to my cursor keeps flashing

- when i try to oped a drop down menu i disappears within a few seconds ( like if i spelled something wrong and i right clicked on it the box with all the options on it only stays open for a few seconds)

Please help

-

Skullguy, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Hushify Win User

Are any CPU intensive apps running in the background? I have no lag at all.

Hushify, Aug 11, 2015
  5. EShirou Win User
    my cpu is idling, only OS is running "in the background"

EDIT: Catch, I made a video of the issue over here -> Start menu tile mosue cursor lag - YouTube

EShirou, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Star Menu tile lag - misplaced cursor for a few seconds - Similar Threads - Star Menu tile

2. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds: Hi there!During the last few days all of the sudden both my mouse and keyboard started having "lags", that is, not reacting for a second or so roughly every 30 seconds. It happens only while on the Desktop/in Windows 10 environment. It never happens when I'm playing Games, so...
  3. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds: Hi there!During the last few days all of the sudden both my mouse and keyboard started having "lags", that is, not reacting for a second or so roughly every 30 seconds. It happens only while on the Desktop/in Windows 10 environment. It never happens when I'm playing Games, so...
  4. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. window lag/cursor lag/taskbar lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window lag/cursor lag/taskbar lag: https://youtu.be/tWuBtNr3wO4im having this issue on windows 10 where whenever i move the windows around or pull up the task bar its really stutter and another problem i could not show on the video is sometimes when moving my cursor over a button such as the browser bookmarks...
  6. Chrome lags/freezes for a few seconds

in Cortana
    Chrome lags/freezes for a few seconds: So in the last week my computers always freezes every few seconds while im on chrome for like 4 or 6 seconds how can i fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-lagsfreezes-for-a-few-seconds/0023c9e6-239f-4db9-9809-9d2aedb7ad48
  7. Mouse & Keyboard Lagging - Cursor blinks very rapidly for a few seconds, keyboard input delays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse & Keyboard Lagging - Cursor blinks very rapidly for a few seconds, keyboard input delays: This has been a very frustrating problem for me to diagnose because it could be caused by SO many different things. This started about a week ago. I first noticed it after I charged my keyboard because the battery was low. I noticed afterwards that while I was typing, the...
  8. My mousepad lags after a few seconds of use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mousepad lags after a few seconds of use: Hi so I’ve got a go pavilion 14 (I think) and it used to work fine but after a year of use I’ve had some issues, it’s running windows 10 btw. So my trackpad lags, like it feels heavy if that makes sense. The cursor drags behind where I’m moving my finger, and then it jumps...
  9. Star menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Star menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps): Hi, i have recently downgraded skype to more usable version, but the older version dose not show in my start menu's tiles. i would like to add it into the quick start icons because that helps me manage my space better on the quickstart. Just to give you an idea here is...
  10. Small tiles/icons stuck misplaced on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small tiles/icons stuck misplaced on screen: Hi I have two small tiles which are icons for apps stuck in an inappropriate place on my display screen. They appear on the print screen image by the projecting screen item on this snapshot, but they appear in the same place whichever type of screen display I am looking...