Windows 10: windows 10 start button and taskbar buttons "no-show" nothing happens when clicked

Discus and support windows 10 start button and taskbar buttons "no-show" nothing happens when clicked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i am confused if virus or malware causes this problem, cause nothing happens if i clicked any taskbar buttons including start. windows is updated but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bossdavs, Jan 12, 2020.

1. bossdavs Win User

windows 10 start button and taskbar buttons "no-show" nothing happens when clicked

i am confused if virus or malware causes this problem, cause nothing happens if i clicked any taskbar buttons including start. windows is updated but still nothing happens. your opinions are highly appreciated

:)

bossdavs, Jan 12, 2020

2. Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button

I want jump lists on both taskbar and Start button, they are only showing on Start button. I have checked the registry key that controls this attribute and the value is "1" so both should show. The "Show recently opened items... " switch in Settings is set to ON. Something is supressing the jump lists on my Taskbar icons. I do get live thumbnails on the icons but that is all. Right clicking does nothing.

Windows 10 Pro is an upgrade install and did not clean install afterwards. In my opinion not needed. I have run SFC /scannow and got a clean report.

CORRECTION: The Start button is showing the context menu on right click, not the jump list, unless that IS the jump list.

Is the registry key value 1 to show the jump lists?

Cbarnhorst, Jan 12, 2020
  3. dehermens Win User
    Left Click does nothing on start button

I was having the same problem. Of the five steps you list I tried the third. By going to Full Screen ON and then back to OFF, The menu came up fine when I left clicked. Thanks!

dehermens, Jan 12, 2020
  4. DEMACLIO Win User

windows 10 start button and taskbar buttons "no-show" nothing happens when clicked

Taskbar is not showing icons and windows button is not working

Hello all,

Just as the title says, my taskbar is not working properly. Nothing is showing up on it, the Windows button does nothing, although I am able to right click the taskbar and Windows button.

I have tried restarting Windows Explorer through the task manager, but then I can't right click the taskbar anymore and my desktop is nothing but my personal colour.

Here is a list of posts from other websites I have tried:

Windows 10 Taskbar Not Working? 6 Fast Fixes

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/taskbar-not-working-in-windows-10

Taskbar/Start button not working! - Windows 10 Help Forums

FIX !!!! Windows 10 taskbar not working FIX!!!! Build 10074

home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/has-your-windows-10-start-menu-stopped-working-here-are-four-ways-to-fix-it-11364000314532

Any and all help is appreciated, thank you

DEMACLIO, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 start button and taskbar buttons "no-show" nothing happens when clicked - Similar Threads - start button taskbar

2. Start button not working when clicked on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button not working when clicked on: Start button not working when clicked on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working-when-clicked-on/e525af79-3cc0-4874-bfa4-b893e0b2e911
  3. Start menu has disappeared, Click on button nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu has disappeared, Click on button nothing happens: Was having problems with taskbar items and played around and fixed them but yesterday found that when I click on the start button nothing happens. Dont know how long its been like that as dont use it often so maybe not my playing caused it. Have tried to find a solution...
  4. Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.: Whenever I click 'browse' button to open a file or to save one it does nothing. I tried SFC and DISM commands and nothing achieved. I'm sure there is a problem with a 'dll' file in the system32 directory, however, I cannot locate it as I don't know what its name is. Any help...
  5. Netflix after click install button nothing happens

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix after click install button nothing happens: Netflix after click install button nothing happens Ukraine version of store Any other apps installs as expected. Win 10 updated and rebooted after. What i have already tried: 1 Reset app 2 Run Troubleshooting 3 Clear cache via WIN+R->wsreset.exe 4 Sign out / Sign in...
  6. Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.: About 2 weeks ago I noticed that all my bookmarks had dissappeared, then when I right click on the start menu nothing happens, now Edge won't open when I click on it on the taskbar, then today I went into my computer and my picture and documents files are gone. I have tried a...
  7. VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in taskbar do nothing when clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    VOLUME and NETWORK buttons in taskbar do nothing when clicked: When I click on the volume and network buttons in the bottom right of the task bar nothing opens up. Sometimes a brief loading circle appears but neither pop up with a menu. I disabled fast boot but that did not fix the problem. Not sure what else to try, thanks. 117995
  8. Start button left click nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button left click nothing happens: Have a Dell XPS 11. Clicking left on start button should open Cortana and Start Options. Nothing happens. There's a hamburger on the top left which will bring up the start menu, Most Used, Recently Added and File Explorer, Settings, etc. At the bottom, Power Symbol and a...
  9. Clicking Start Button does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking Start Button does nothing: My Win10 Home 64 bit computer was working correctly yesterday. Today there was one notification which just showed 'windows.immersivecontrolpanel-cw5n1h2xyewy! microsoft.windows.it', although I am not sure if the last part was something like 'immersive' as the last character...
  10. Nothing shows on Taskbar, can't use search or start button.

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing shows on Taskbar, can't use search or start button.: I'm running Windows 10 and have been since it was first released. This morning I was playing a game, and my sound stopped working, so I rebooted my computer to see if that would fix it. It fixed the problem, but I had no icons pinned on my taskbar, no time & date, and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 start button shows nothing

2. pressing start button windows 10 nothing happens