Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Button broken

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Button broken in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After uninstalling KB4512941 then reinstalling now my Windows 10 Start Button is broken. When I select the start button I get this. I tried rebooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daniel Roy (DRoy), Sep 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Start Button broken

After uninstalling KB4512941 then reinstalling now my Windows 10 Start Button is broken. When I select the start button I get this.

I tried rebooting many times.

Windows 10 Start Button broken e7770592-d283-49f0-a8dd-1d3c2f606cea?upload=true.png

:)

Daniel Roy (DRoy), Sep 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 10, 2019
  3. twiggs462 Win User
    Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Start Button broken

start button

First step run a system file check

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM (if necessary) if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...

Should you have any questions please ask us.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files

Second step
    • Windows Key + R on your keyboard, type powershell.
    • Right click on the PowerShell icon on the taskbar >Run as Administrator.
    • Paste the following command >enter

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Check to see if the start button is working
    Source :
    https://www.techmesto.com/fix-start-menu-broken-windows-10-technical-preview/

Third step
    Open Task Manager CTL, ALT, Delete>Click on Services tab>Find tiledatamodelsvc>Right click and turn off

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Button broken

1. Windows 10 Start Button broken - Similar Threads - Start Button broken

2. Windows 10 start button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 start button: Today when I click on the windows icon in the bottom left corner, the word start shows but nothing happens. When I right click on this icon which normally brings up a menu, nothing happens. Several of my programs PC Link when I click on the icon to run the program I get an...
  3. Broken button?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken button?: when press my printscreen button it launched file explorer,what went wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-button/3945f2ff-09c6-4536-8f6a-62cdccb2ab7b
  4. Windows 10 start button, wifi button, and bluetooth broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start button, wifi button, and bluetooth broken: Okay so I've done countless research on how to fix this and I want to try to get an answer before I try factory resetting my laptop. Whenever I click the windows start button, it loads for a couple seconds then stops. Nothing pops up. Same with clicking on the wifi icon in...
  5. Broken Start Button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken Start Button: Unfortunately my Start Button has frozen on my relatively new PC similar thing happened on an laptop I upgraded but on that occasion the task bar froze as well - never found a solution so ended up going back to Windows 7 - don't have that option in this case and I've tried...
  6. how to fix broken windows 10 start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to fix broken windows 10 start button: How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-broken-windows-10-start-button/9fd571c6-cf96-4884-83fe-34d1743517e8
  7. *Solution for broken START button after update (Windows 10)*

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    *Solution for broken START button after update (Windows 10)*: Hello friends, i just got to working again the START function (button), in windows 10, using this article! https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-reinstall-windows-10-without-losing-data/ there is a option to not lose all of your previously instaled apps and data. All you...
  8. Broken button?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Broken button?: Inside of app and browser control where it says check apps and files, I try setting it to Warn, but whenever I change it and confirm I want to do it, it sets it back to Block. I don't know why. Please help. -Kyle...
  9. start button on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button on windows 10: where is the start on windows 10, I need to put a printer icon on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-on-windows-10/e7bd8f54-7c27-4122-b612-a0529878161f
  10. Start button search broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button search broken?: When I click on the Start button and type control panel, I'm sitting under Bing search which is definitely now what I want. What I expect is for this to work like it use to where it should bring Control Panel to the top left pane so I can select it to open Control panel....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 start button broken