Windows 10: Windows 10 - start button not working, Edge will not open and I cannot edit personal...

Discus and support Windows 10 - start button not working, Edge will not open and I cannot edit personal... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried everything that I have found online and still have the problem. I did a reset not a complete reformat as backing up my computer to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alyson Stasek, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - start button not working, Edge will not open and I cannot edit personal...

I have tried everything that I have found online and still have the problem. I did a reset not a complete reformat as backing up my computer to the cloud is taking forever.

Suggestions?

:)

Alyson Stasek, Apr 22, 2019

2. Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fall edition Start Button, Edge and Mail buttons don't work

Hi,

May we know if also tried the troubleshooting steps provided by Andre Da Costa? If not, please try them as well and check if it resolves your concern.

For Microsoft Edge, you can repair or reset it by following these steps:

• From the Windows Settings, click on “Apps”.
    • Scroll the list of apps to find Edge, or simply type Edge in the Search Box (“Search this list”)
    • Once you click on “Microsoft Edge”, you will see “Advanced options”

• The next window will show all of the options that were mentioned earlier (Repair/Reset)
    You can also refer to this
    link
    for some common solutions to problems with Edge.

As for the Mail app, you should be able to reset it by the following steps similar to resetting Edge.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 22, 2019
  4. snoopy51 Win User

Windows 10 - start button not working, Edge will not open and I cannot edit personal...

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

The workaround is not a solution as I stated. It merely create an button on the Favorite Bar!

Please follow davidhk's suggestion. You may have to run SFC /scannow three times in order to correct the file corruption problem!

snoopy51, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - start button not working, Edge will not open and I cannot edit personal...

1. Windows 10 - start button not working, Edge will not open and I cannot edit personal... - Similar Threads - start button working

2. Windows 10 start button not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start button not working.: Just noticed that my win 10 start menu has stopped functioning:- start menu has stopped appearing on physical key press- start menu does not appear with left mouse click right mouse does bring up the quick menu but many options don't work - such as 'file explorer', but others...
  3. Windows 10 start button not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start button not working.: Just noticed that my win 10 start menu has stopped functioning:- start menu has stopped appearing on physical key press- start menu does not appear with left mouse click right mouse does bring up the quick menu but many options don't work - such as 'file explorer', but others...
  4. Windows 10 start button not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 start button not working

Windows 10 start button not working: Windows 10 start button not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-button-not-working/8b362dad-9cfa-4d7a-804e-2e112ad8d125
  6. personalize in edge is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    personalize in edge is not working: personalize in edge is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personalize-in-edge-is-not-working/dabe64d8-28e6-4877-b869-099fd40ddc6b
  7. Windows 10 Personal Edition

Windows 10 Personal Edition: I bought a Win 10 Pro key off of amazon. I had Win 10 Home Ed. I changed the key they provided me with and now when i check for the windows version i get just 'Windows Edition' under Activation in Win Settings and in SiSoftware Sandra Lite i just get Win 10 Personal Edition....
  8. START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING

START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING: START BUTTON CORTANA MICROSOFT EDGE NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-cortana-microsoft-edge-not-working/b7ecc347-dbbf-4f92-ab36-97c3d0ac79f5
  9. Windows Start Button Issues And Missing Edge Button

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Start Button Issues And Missing Edge Button: All of a sudden the Windows Start Button turns brown (not blue) and when I left click on it something is said about having to sign out and a critical error. Clicking that button, which you have to do to get rid of the dialogue box, restarts the OS and it happens again if you...
  10. Start Button & Edge Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button & Edge Not Working: I upgraded to Windows 10 in early August and all has been well until this week when I find that when I left click on the start button nothing happens (right click is fine), and Microsoft Edge seems to have disappeared from my PC (although the icon remains on the Quick Start...