Windows 10: Windows 10- start button stops to function after a while. After reboot start menu is...

Discus and support Windows 10- start button stops to function after a while. After reboot start menu is... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear all, Can somebody help on this? I have a new Lenovo laptop, with Win10, all updates. It functions perfect, except for this. I searched for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Martijn_891, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Windows 10- start button stops to function after a while. After reboot start menu is...

Dear all,
    Can somebody help on this?

I have a new Lenovo laptop, with Win10, all updates. It functions perfect, except for this. I searched for solutions, but these solutions seem only to solve the permanent loss of function of the Start button.

Here is the case:

When I start the laptop, everything works fine. Even now, after 10-15 minutes of use, my start menu is working. However, after a while the button does not work both from mouse and the keyboard. With the exception that using right mouse button still works on the start menu, so I can shut down from there, restart and have my start menu back.

I don't have very special software on my computer; it's more office/internet oriented.

All suggestions are very welcome!

Best, Martijn

:)

Martijn_891, Jan 1, 2021
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Windows 10- start button stops to function after a while. After reboot start menu is...

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10- start button stops to function after a while. After reboot start menu is...

1. Windows 10- start button stops to function after a while. After reboot start menu is... - Similar Threads - start button stops

2. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update: As title says it. I cannot access Start Menu, Search, Clock and Calendar settings from the Taskbar. There are plenty of possible fixes, but non of them work, including Powershell commands and regedit edits. I had uninstalled the October's Cumulative Update, but it didn't fix...
  3. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update: As title says it. I cannot access Start Menu, Search, Clock and Calendar settings from the Taskbar. There are plenty of possible fixes, but non of them work, including Powershell commands and regedit edits. I had uninstalled the October's Cumulative Update, but it didn't fix...
  4. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 start menu button stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 start menu button stopped working: It suddenly stopped working, the windows key in my Keyboard doesn't do anything either. Is there a way to fix this or should I just wait for a Windows update for it to fix itself? submitted by /u/BenZ_osu [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 start Menu resets to default after reboot

Windows 10 start Menu resets to default after reboot: Hello, i recently purchased new windows 10 laptop. Everything runs smooth however, whenever i try to change my menu layout or try to unpin applications from the start menu, it gets reset after rebooting the system. How can i fix this issue?...
  7. Start menu resets after reboot

Start menu resets after reboot: Hi I bought and received a new computer with Win 10 Family 64bits just today, and it worked fine at first, I deleted some apps, installed a couple of softwares and stuff. Then I decided to clean the start menu. I rebooted, and after the reboot, the start menu is exactly...
  8. Start Button functions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Start Button functions: Greetings from a junior member! I have used all OS from 98 to this Win10 and still shed a tear for the demise of XP Pro... A new pc - bought, not built has Win 10 Home 64 bit on board. I has (or I have) lost the initial functionality it came with... Much of the commands from...
  9. Start menu tiles are refreshing after reboot.

Start menu tiles are refreshing after reboot.: Ever since i reinstalled windows ive been having a problem with the start menu. My tiles are refreshing after i reboot no matter if i unpin them or replace them with another tile / app every time i restart my computer i am greeted with the default tiles given by microsoft....
  10. Start menu functions

Start menu functions: I'm running latest version of Windows 10. After a recent update the "Search" option in the Start button doesn't work. Also I've discovered that the "Command Prompt" and "Command Prompt (Admin)" don't work. I've looked around to try and reinstall the start menu but without...