Windows 10: Windows 10 start button, wifi button, and bluetooth broken

Discus and support Windows 10 start button, wifi button, and bluetooth broken in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay so I've done countless research on how to fix this and I want to try to get an answer before I try factory resetting my laptop. Whenever I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by batmoth, Feb 15, 2021.

1. batmoth Win User

Windows 10 start button, wifi button, and bluetooth broken

Okay so I've done countless research on how to fix this and I want to try to get an answer before I try factory resetting my laptop. Whenever I click the windows start button, it loads for a couple seconds then stops. Nothing pops up. Same with clicking on the wifi icon in the task bar. This also happens with bluetooth when trying to add a new device. It just loads for a second then closes out completely.

I have already tried these, none of these worked:

- Perform a sfc scan on the computer to check if there are any corruptions on the computer.

- Try to perform a DISM commands on the computer

- http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...t-appear/a7c56613-277c-4993-bb74-08650dce7b21

- Restarting Windows explorer in Task Manager

This issue did not exist before. Should I just factory reset?

:)

batmoth, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

No button for bluetooth in action center

Joe,

Assuming that you have a Bluetooth card, run these checks -

Do you have a Bluetooth entry in Settings, Devices?

Windows 10 start button, wifi button, and bluetooth broken [​IMG]

If not then Windows does not think you have a Bluetooth card. Check Device manager for a Bluetooth group.

1. If neither of these is there then you do not have a Bluetooth card or you have disabled Bluetooth in the BIOS. You should check your BIOS for a relevant entry but BIOSes vary so I cannot suggest where such a setting might be. You could seek advice from your computer maker or their user forum.
    2. If one is there but not the other then you might be able to get it working correctly by reinstalling the driver from your Computer / Bluetooth card maker's website.

You can customise the items shown in Action center but Bluetooth, if it is enabled, is generally put there by default. As explained above, you can customise what is shown by playing around with Settings, System, Notifications. You can add more entries or you can drag off existing entries or you can drag existing entries around to get them in the layout you prefer.

Denis

3. Looking for media buttons box

That bluetooth button could be pretty nice if it was usable thru a wifi connection for MusicBee

DeathtoGnomes, Feb 15, 2021
  4. twiggs462 Win User

Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 start button, wifi button, and bluetooth broken - Similar Threads - start button wifi

2. Wifi button broken??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi button broken??: I turn on my laptop and my wifi was not connected, so I go to turn it on through the little pop up where Bluetooth airplane mode and nightlight and all that stuff. Btw its windows 11. I try to turn it on, the wifi lights on but it says not available, so I go to the settings...
  3. Wifi button broken??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi button broken??: I turn on my laptop and my wifi was not connected, so I go to turn it on through the little pop up where Bluetooth airplane mode and nightlight and all that stuff. Btw its windows 11. I try to turn it on, the wifi lights on but it says not available, so I go to the settings...
  4. Broken button?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken button?: when press my printscreen button it launched file explorer,what went wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-button/3945f2ff-09c6-4536-8f6a-62cdccb2ab7b
  5. Broken Start Button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken Start Button: Unfortunately my Start Button has frozen on my relatively new PC similar thing happened on an laptop I upgraded but on that occasion the task bar froze as well - never found a solution so ended up going back to Windows 7 - don't have that option in this case and I've tried...
  6. how to fix broken windows 10 start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to fix broken windows 10 start button: How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-broken-windows-10-start-button/9fd571c6-cf96-4884-83fe-34d1743517e8
  7. *Solution for broken START button after update (Windows 10)*

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    *Solution for broken START button after update (Windows 10)*: Hello friends, i just got to working again the START function (button), in windows 10, using this article! https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-reinstall-windows-10-without-losing-data/ there is a option to not lose all of your previously instaled apps and data. All you...
  8. Windows 10 Start Button broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Start Button broken: After uninstalling KB4512941 then reinstalling now my Windows 10 Start Button is broken. When I select the start button I get this. I tried rebooting many times. [ATTACH]...
  9. Broken button?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Broken button?: Inside of app and browser control where it says check apps and files, I try setting it to Warn, but whenever I change it and confirm I want to do it, it sets it back to Block. I don't know why. Please help. -Kyle...
  10. Start button search broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button search broken?: When I click on the Start button and type control panel, I'm sitting under Bing search which is definitely now what I want. What I expect is for this to work like it use to where it should bring Control Panel to the top left pane so I can select it to open Control panel....