Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 START BUTTON

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 START BUTTON in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Wandering what this watermark on my windows button is all about?[ATTACH] Is it a virus or what???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rayrayray21, Oct 6, 2018.

1. WINDOWS 10 START BUTTON

Wandering what this watermark on my windows button is all about? WINDOWS 10 START BUTTON 2a83c09d-9c73-44bd-bbb4-310b88b8e342?upload=true.jpg Is it a virus or what???

:)

Rayrayray21, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2018
  3. twiggs462 Win User
    Start Button Not Working?

What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working?

twiggs462, Oct 6, 2018
  4. WINDOWS 10 START BUTTON

Windows 10 Start Button

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to access Start button form both the user accounts that you have on your computer, we will help you to resolve this issue.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Method 2: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I would have you run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type
      Exit, and then press Enter.
    Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

Hope this information is helpful. Perform the above troubleshooting steps and kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 START BUTTON

1. WINDOWS 10 START BUTTON - Similar Threads - START BUTTON

2. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: In my pc start button , taskbar and any deafult apps are not working. whenever i tried to open settings or any default apps it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  3. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: In my pc start button , taskbar and any deafult apps are not working. whenever i tried to open settings or any default apps it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  4. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From few past weeks my start button,taskbar,settings and default apps are not working.i tried many ways but it still does't work.tell me any way how to fix it...
  5. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From few past weeks my start button,taskbar,settings and default apps are not working.i tried many ways but it still does't work.tell me any way how to fix it...
  6. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From past few days i can't open my start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps. whenever i try to open them it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  7. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From past few days i can't open my start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps. whenever i try to open them it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  8. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

9. My start button gets held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start button gets held down: My start button gets held down... why please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-gets-held-down/6220c37d-87b8-4851-8a11-74e5ef5bd8fa
  10. My start button gets held down

My start button gets held down: My start button gets held down... why please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-gets-held-down/6220c37d-87b8-4851-8a11-74e5ef5bd8fa