Windows 10: windows 10 start full screen icons tile no color and semi transparent

Discus and support windows 10 start full screen icons tile no color and semi transparent in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, i recently installed windows on a new ssd, and i notice that the color around the icons is gone in full screen start only google chrome has color.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ziigh, Oct 28, 2020.

1. ziigh Win User

windows 10 start full screen icons tile no color and semi transparent

hi, i recently installed windows on a new ssd, and i notice that the color around the icons is gone in full screen start only google chrome has color. i haven't found any help with this issue, i tried switching everything on personalization but nothing. when i drag and move an icon the color shows up, but only when dragged. there is a image of the start screen. any help is appreciated

thanks

windows 10 start full screen icons tile no color and semi transparent e9b810f6-2773-4a23-ba83-58ff0f43eea0?upload=true.jpg

dragging icons shows the color

windows 10 start full screen icons tile no color and semi transparent 8efa42e6-5500-4242-8e54-afb2af610cdc?upload=true.jpg

:)

ziigh, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Eosphotog Win User

Transparent Start menu icon background?

On the start menu each application / file has an associated icon. Unfortunately it appears that Windows 10 is using the accent color as the icon's background. So I get squares of color with the icon in the middle. There are screen shots from Windows 10 previews that show the icon backgrounds as transparent, or at least matching the background color of the start menu. But with transparency turned on, the icon backgrounds are not transparent, but instead the accent color.

It is as if Microsoft said "Hey - ALL icons should be SQUARE - so we will make all icons SQUARE just like tiles, whether you like it or not".

Bleh. So - how does one make the start menu icon background color transparent?

Eosphotog, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Linear77 Win User
    Microsoft Edge tiles on start screen: one-color tile, no thumbshot of webpage

I am using a Lumia 950 XL. Whenever I pin a internet link (page) on my start screen, I get a one-color tile with the e (of edge) in the middle. If I enlarge this tile, it tells me the name of the link at the bottom; if I go for the small version, I have
    only a (blue) tile with an "e", nothing else. The result: all my small "link tiles" look identical; I cannot differentiate between them. To make matters worse, they are the only tiles that are not transparent which makes my screen look "chaotic" (I am using
    a background picture with semi-transparent tiles). Do I miss something here or is the Microsoft Edge browser really that "special"? (When I used Internet Explorer on Windows Phone 8.1 and went to a website,
    I could pin the page to the start menu and the tile would be a thumbshot of the webpage. They are still like this, but not the new ones created in Windows 10 mobile.)

Linear77, Oct 28, 2020
  4. xoxox Win User

Make Windows 10 Start Menu icons' & tiles' background transparent

In Windows 10, icons and start menu tiles are drawn on top of a bounding rectangle of their size that acts as background and is colored using the accent color, whereas in Windows 7 and prior, there was no such background.

In my opinion, displaying nearly every icon/tile with the same color is a bad design choice and does not appeal to me at all.

Is it possible to make the background of icons transparent?

Or at least change the background color to black (which is not available as accent color) or use an image as background (as in the mobile version)?

Tiles that do have a transparent background should probably have some thin outline, but this seems impossible more than ever.

xoxox, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. windows 10 start full screen icons tile no color and semi transparent - Similar Threads - start full screen

2. semi-transparent bar on the side of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    semi-transparent bar on the side of the screen: Since today, there has been a semi-transparent black box on the side of my screen. How do i close it? I have tried restarting the computer but it remains there. I don't think I enabled anything that lead to this. The bar would not show in screenshots, so I took a picture with...
  3. semi-transparent bar on the side of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    semi-transparent bar on the side of the screen: Since today, there has been a semi-transparent black box on the side of my screen. How do i close it? I have tried restarting the computer but it remains there. I don't think I enabled anything that lead to this. The bar would not show in screenshots, so I took a picture with...
  4. Start Menu Tiles Transparency

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles Transparency: I just installed the feature update 2004 (OS Build 19041.450) but my live tiles still aren't transparent. Is there anything that I must do to get that? [img] 163326
  5. new transparent start tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new transparent start tiles: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DirtyOKD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrj9lj/new_transparent_start_tiles/
  6. New colorful icons are not transparent

New colorful icons are not transparent: Updated icons for built-in Windows 10 apps Calculator, Camera, etc have no transparent background. Their blue background contradicts with my dark color scheme actually, in light scheme it looks even worse. Is it deliberate design? P.S. Windows 10 Pro 2004...
  7. How to Make Icons Within Windows 10 Start Tiles Fit Full Tile

How to Make Icons Within Windows 10 Start Tiles Fit Full Tile: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with Microsoft programs and Windows 10. My question is how can I make the icons contained with the Start menu Tiles larger to fit the full tiles? Currently only a few apps fit the screen, while the majority appear smaller within the tile. From...
  8. Desktop background covered by semi-transparent screen

Desktop background covered by semi-transparent screen: My desktop suddenly looks like it has a semi-transparent screen over it. When I click on a program icon on the taskbar, my background will be normal for a second before the program I clicked on pops up....
  9. Semi transparent shapes

in Windows 10 Support
    Semi transparent shapes: Often see those semi transparent markings on items in some YouTube videos for example and am wondering if someone can let me know if this can be done without using some expensive graphics software. Have used the snipping tool for many years but there does not seem to have...
  10. Tiny icons in Start screen tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Tiny icons in Start screen tiles: I was trying to figure out why the Start screen looked odd--and then I noticed the app icons in the tiles are about 1/3 the size they were in Windows 8, so you've got (for example), a tiny W for Word in Windows 10 vs a more visible W in Windows 8.1. Only appears to apply to...