Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Icon not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Icon not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It worked fine for a week and now my Start Icon will not work. I have tried this option with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dryden1984, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Start Icon not working

I have just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It worked fine for a week and now my Start Icon will not work.
    I have tried this option with no success:

• Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard.
    • Key in PowerShell and hit Enter.
    • Right click on the PowerShell icon on the taskbar and select Run as Administrator.
    • Now paste the following command in the Administrator: Windows PowerShell window and press Enter key:Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • NOW for the important part ! Locate to : C:/Users/name/AppData/Local/ and delete the TileDataLayer folder.

When I try this I get the following error when I run Powershell as administrator.

Windows 10 Start Icon not working [​IMG]

I have also tried creating a new account with no luck.

Please Help

:)

Dryden1984, Sep 3, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Start Icon not working!!

I did exactly as you described, clicking Apply and getting the window asking me if I want to reboot. I say yes, the window goes away and nothing happens. The computer does not reboot. If i do control alt delete and manually reboot, i am back where i
    was, same screen with non working icons. This is so frustrating. Everything worked just fine two days ago before i upgraded (downgraded???) to Windows 10.

anyonegotanyanswers, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Icon not working

1. Windows 10 Start Icon not working - Similar Threads - Start Icon working

2. windows start icon doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows start icon doesn't work: Windows 10 start menu does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-icon-doesnt-work/e0b60efa-838e-43db-b7fa-86ea5fbff786
  3. windows start icon doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows start icon doesn't work: Windows 10 start menu does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-icon-doesnt-work/e0b60efa-838e-43db-b7fa-86ea5fbff786
  4. windows start icon doesn't work

in Cortana
  5. start up icon is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up icon is not working: Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. this above eroor is coming and asking me to sign out now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-icon-is-not-working/24899a21-9214-4e99-bec0-58349405f6fe
  6. Start menu icons not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu icons not working.: So, there is a program in my start menu which I deleted that wont go away. I've checked the folders where the start menu icons are located and found no remains of the particular programs' icon. Upon trying to click on the icon, it just gets highlighted and nothing happens....
  7. Windows start icon not working.

in Cortana
    Windows start icon not working.: I cant access windows icon to look or turn off my laptop, cortana not working either. I've turned off and on lots of times but still not working. I requested help from virtual assistant and received a call back but then was cut off. Could this be caused by last windows...
  8. The windows 10 start icon is not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The windows 10 start icon is not working.: The windows 10 start icon is not working. I've tried some of the previously posted suggestions but have not been able to follow them through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-10-start-icon-is-not-working/3beeafd2-a718-4d21-8a85-9a2a85a47fb6
  9. Start icon not working and Edge icon disapeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Start icon not working and Edge icon disapeared: After a driver (I think one related to Intel graphics, but i am not shure) was unsuccesfully installed, I had a BSOD problem, hard restart, kernel error message (unable to reproduce it afterward). Some applications from taskbar partially work (Office, Skype), some not. I am...
  10. Windows 10 - Start Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Start Icon: My Windows 10 Start button no longer responds to a left click. I now have to resort to right clicking that icon to shut down my laptop. Does anyone have a solution for this? 41588