Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Icon not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Icon not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It worked fine for a week and now my Start Icon will not work. I have tried this option with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dryden1984, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Start Icon not working

I have just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. It worked fine for a week and now my Start Icon will not work.
    I have tried this option with no success:

• Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard.
    • Key in PowerShell and hit Enter.
    • Right click on the PowerShell icon on the taskbar and select Run as Administrator.
    • Now paste the following command in the Administrator: Windows PowerShell window and press Enter key:Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • NOW for the important part ! Locate to : C:/Users/name/AppData/Local/ and delete the TileDataLayer folder.

When I try this I get the following error when I run Powershell as administrator.

Windows 10 Start Icon not working [​IMG]

I have also tried creating a new account with no luck.

Please Help

:)

Dryden1984, Sep 3, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - Start Icon not working!!

I did exactly as you described, clicking Apply and getting the window asking me if I want to reboot. I say yes, the window goes away and nothing happens. The computer does not reboot. If i do control alt delete and manually reboot, i am back where i
    was, same screen with non working icons. This is so frustrating. Everything worked just fine two days ago before i upgraded (downgraded???) to Windows 10.

anyonegotanyanswers, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Icon not working

1. Windows 10 Start Icon not working - Similar Threads - Start Icon working

2. start icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    start icons: When I click start in windows 10, I have power, settings, file explorer but the icons are not what I want. I use to have a yellow folder for file explorer instead of that bland type. Also settings was a different icon. Where do I go to change these two to a different...
  3. The windows 10 start icon is not working.

The windows 10 start icon is not working.: The windows 10 start icon is not working. I've tried some of the previously posted suggestions but have not been able to follow them through. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-10-start-icon-is-not-working/3beeafd2-a718-4d21-8a85-9a2a85a47fb6
  4. start icon

start icon: somehow ive changed my start menu from a traditional PC start menu to an app style start menu - i can't figure out how to turn it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-icon/5219ecbf-3714-491c-8604-b93692357f0a
  5. Windows 10 - Start Menu Icons

Windows 10 - Start Menu Icons: I've made custom icons, they will pin to the start menu but I can only size to medium and small. What do I need to do to so they can resize to LARGE?...
  6. Icon not working when pin to start menu

Icon not working when pin to start menu: If I change a icon to small that is pinned to start I loose the icon.It comes back if I change to medium, just started with new build 10586 31333
  7. Tray Icons and Windows Start button stops working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Tray Icons and Windows Start button stops working.: The Tray icons and Windows start button stop working at random times, when this happens nothing shows up when i click the icons. Does anyone know a fix for this issue? 26862
  8. Start icon not working and Edge icon disapeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Start icon not working and Edge icon disapeared: After a driver (I think one related to Intel graphics, but i am not shure) was unsuccesfully installed, I had a BSOD problem, hard restart, kernel error message (unable to reproduce it afterward). Some applications from taskbar partially work (Office, Skype), some not. I am...
  9. Windows 10 - Start Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Start Icon: My Windows 10 Start button no longer responds to a left click. I now have to resort to right clicking that icon to shut down my laptop. Does anyone have a solution for this? 41588
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working: I have upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 and been using it for the last week now with no problems. Today, during a mandatory update my pc went blue screen and said it had to restart. Once it restarted it updated and booted fine. However after the update I realized that my...