Windows 10: Windows 10 start icon turns red and does nothing

Discus and support Windows 10 start icon turns red and does nothing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I left click on the Windows 10 start icon it turns red for a few seconds, than reverts to white. Nothing opens. A right click produces a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wrinklysteve, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 start icon turns red and does nothing

When I left click on the Windows 10 start icon it turns red for a few seconds, than reverts to white. Nothing opens. A right click produces a black panel with white lettering with a list of actions. Can this be fixed, please?

:)

Wrinklysteve, Dec 23, 2019

2. Unable to turn on the sound, red cross next to sound icon

1. Which version of Windows are you running?

2. Which version of Internet Explorer or other browser?

3. Does "sound icon" refer to the sound icon on the Windows Taskbar?

Don

Don Varnau, Dec 23, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    Network Tray Icon incorrect/corrupt

I would then think you should try a repair install use step # 4 or USB step to do this. You will not loose anything but would suggest to backup anything important before you proceed.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

jds63, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10 start icon turns red and does nothing

How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 start icon turns red and does nothing

1. Windows 10 start icon turns red and does nothing - Similar Threads - start icon turns

2. Start logo turns red

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start logo turns red: Turn on computer, I am able to surf the net, click on Windows logo and it turns red. Cannot shut down normally and cannot accessthe second page. Not sure if that's what it's called. Thanks....
  3. Clicking Start or Date/Time does nothing - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking Start or Date/Time does nothing - Windows 10: Hi, clicking the Start icon does nothing, pressing the Windows Key does nothing, and clicking on date/time in the opposite corner does not bring up the calendar (does nothing). I've tried: Everything HereGetting latest Windows updatesTrying to restore CortanaRestarting...
  4. Windows Start button does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start button does nothing: When I click on the Windows start button bottom left or if I press the windows start button key on the keyboard nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-does-nothing/26c1fa96-e807-44cb-88ae-57f60984669c
  5. Windows 10 Search icon does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search icon does nothing: windows Ver 2004 OS Build 19041.508. My system has two Login's. Login1- where when I select the Search icon, nothing happens. (I have removed Cortana from this login) Login2 where Search operates as I would expect it to. Here is what I have found in the two login's Login 1...
  6. Windows 10 search icon does nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search icon does nothing: Hi guys, Hoping someone can avoid me needing to do a fresh install or refresh (reason being is that I have a heinously large iTunes library and it takes almost a full day for the app to sort itself out and add all my music back). So as I described above, I'm using Windows...
  7. windows insider get started does nothing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows insider get started does nothing: windows insider get started does nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-get-started-does-nothing/a6be6350-2c44-4639-b1b4-cd0e5a36fa29
  8. Red exclamations on Windows 10 icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Red exclamations on Windows 10 icons: I have red exclamation marks on my windows 10 icons. All the answers have been in regards to McAfee and Mozy, but I do not have McAfee. What do I do to get rid of them? Thanks for your help!...
  9. Task View icon does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View icon does nothing: When I click on the Task View button nothing happens. FWIW I login with a LOCAL account not a Microsoft Account, so I'm guessing this feecher only works if one logs in with an MS account. Is that right? If so how the halibut is it supposed to work for Domain users? Dave...
  10. Drive icons turn red

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive icons turn red: When look at This PC (in tile view) I get an icon for each drive with a stripe above it showing usage. Sometimes the bar goes red. I assume to show the drive is too full. What ratio is used? Can I change It ? Don Cole 65854