Windows 10: Windows 10 Start key, keyboard windows butoon, and MS Edge do not work

Discus and support Windows 10 Start key, keyboard windows butoon, and MS Edge do not work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows start button, Keyboard Windows button and Microsoft Edge do not work any more. And am getting very frustrated trying to fix, after doing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tealaker, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Tealaker Win User

Windows 10 Start key, keyboard windows butoon, and MS Edge do not work

Windows start button, Keyboard Windows button and Microsoft Edge do not work any more. And am getting very frustrated trying to fix, after doing the normal things such as sfc, powershell commands, etc. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone fixed it? Thanks.

:)

Tealaker, Nov 29, 2015
  2. petros265 Win User

Critical error message v start menu

The corrupted file is Microsoft Edge Square, which repsumably explains why I still have no Microsoft Edge although the Start butoon now works.

Best regards

Peter

petros265, Nov 29, 2015
  3. afzski Win User
    Start button windows 10 and MS Edge Icon do not work after system crash

I upgraded to Win 10 and all was working well this morning I had a system crash and after restarting the MS Edge Icon does not show on the task bar (the blank window is there and will launch edge), and when I left click the start button - it does not work,
    if I right click the start button I get the list as I would have in win 7/8 ???

I have tried a couple of programs to clean problems, no luck --- I restored the system to a reset point yesterday (before the crash) and I still have the same issues as listed above

is there a way to reload win 10 to bring the operation back to normal operation???

Thanks in advance for the help, Alex Z

afzski, Nov 29, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Start key, keyboard windows butoon, and MS Edge do not work

1. Windows 10 Start key, keyboard windows butoon, and MS Edge do not work - Similar Threads - Start key keyboard

2. Number keys and windows keys do not work on laptop keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number keys and windows keys do not work on laptop keyboard.: I have a Dell XPS 13 and recently the number keys and Windows keys have stopped working. But the keys around the number keys ` - = do work. My Windows keys are the only other keys not working. Any ideas on how to diagnose the problem? Thanks....
  3. Number keys and windows keys do not work on laptop keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number keys and windows keys do not work on laptop keyboard.: I have a Dell XPS 13 and recently the number keys and Windows keys have stopped working. But the keys around the number keys ` - = do work. My Windows keys are the only other keys not working. Any ideas on how to diagnose the problem? Thanks....
  4. Start key on keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start key on keyboard not working: Hi , although my start menu is opening when i click on it with a mouse or touchpad but its not opening when i press start key on my keyboard . I have tried all the solutions like reinstalling the keyboard driver , running sfc/scannow and other stuff , but still it did not...
  5. Use Apple keyboard on Windows 10 (F-keys do not work)?

Use Apple keyboard on Windows 10 (F-keys do not work)?: I use the Apple "Magic Keyboard" with Windows 10, but I cannot use the F-keys (F1-12), but I would like to have functions like louder/quieter, brightness,... can use. (The keys are recognized by the system, but as if I would hold down the "Fn" or "Num Lock" key) Can anyone...
  6. Windows key on keyboard is not working, does not show start menu

Windows key on keyboard is not working, does not show start menu: I have bought a new Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 13 7391 recently this Dec. 19, 2019, today Dec. 28, 2019 while using my laptop I noticed that when I press the windows key it does not show the start menu and when I use other shortcuts with the windows key it does not respond too....
  7. keyboard's windows or start key is not working

in Cortana
    keyboard's windows or start key is not working: I want to know that why my laptop's keyboard 's window's key is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboards-windows-or-start-key-is-not-working/132caf12-c373-4db1-9d0a-a849a1dcf612"
  8. MS EDGE not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS EDGE not working: After the October updates, MS EDGE was no longer operative. I did a rollback and lost many programs (had to reinstall them), and STILL, MS EDGE has an icon, but does not work. Ideas?...
  9. start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working: i have a surface pro 2017 i5 128GB very low responding and windows keep updating very often, so i decided to do a reset delete all files, i didn't do the backup since i think that setting etc was not best after reset, i found the start menu, setting menu, search, not...
  10. Certain keys not working on keyboard(Windows 10)

Certain keys not working on keyboard(Windows 10): I'm having a keyboard issue. - Ok so I have an Acer Aspire V5-471G laptop. N its currently running windows 10 and I downloaded the anniversary update in september(not sure, don't remember exactly). - But after the second week of October(i think) certain keys on my...