Windows 10: windows 10 start menu, action center and most of everything on taskbar will not open

Discus and support windows 10 start menu, action center and most of everything on taskbar will not open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Tried about everything in forums, did scans of everything and no errors and did all kinds of virus scans and nothing showing there either. Reg errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeorgiaHall2, Feb 5, 2019.

1. windows 10 start menu, action center and most of everything on taskbar will not open

Tried about everything in forums, did scans of everything and no errors and did all kinds of virus scans and nothing showing there either. Reg errors all fixed also. Just happened end of Jan 2019

Thank you

:)

GeorgiaHall2, Feb 5, 2019
  2. taward Win User

Action Center and Start Menu Continually Fail

Device: Surface Pro 4

Issue: Action Center and Start Menu continually fail.
    Symptoms: After an unpredictable amount of time, Action Center and Start Menu will not open using multiple prompts. Action Center will not respond to taskbar link or swipe from the right and Start Menu will not respond to task bar click or keyboard button.

Troubleshooting:
    • I have done several SFC scans (the first few found stuff and repaired it and subsequent runs find nothing)
    • I've done the DISM image restore health hocus pocus to no avail.
    • I've executed "Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }" in an elevated powershell. This works, until it doesn't.
    EDIT: Nothing is working now for troubleshooting. Going to try a restart and see how long until it happens again.

​None of these are permanent solutions. Any ideas as what is causing this and how to stop it from happening?

taward, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Unable to open Start Menu, Search and Action Center

Hey Friends ,

If you’re not able to open Start Menu, Action Center, Calendar & Batter Status in windows 10 then try this steps as given below.

1.) Logoff the user in which you’re not able to open start menu, action center, calendar & battery status.

2.) login to any other user and then press windows key + R Key (Open Run).

3.) Type this in Run “%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows” ( without ” ) then click ok ( Enter).

4.) One window will Open (popup) there you have to find UsrClass.dat & rename that file to UsrClass.dat.old .

5.) And then restart your system and login to user which u were not able to open action center, calendar & battery status.

NOW ENJOY

MushahidAli_Kazi, Feb 5, 2019
  4. McMillanD Win User

windows 10 start menu, action center and most of everything on taskbar will not open

Start Menu and Action Center view change

My start menu and action center icons in my toolbar have changed and I am not sure why. I have a surface pro 4. My action center icon brings up a list but containing open action center or turn on quiet hours. When I select open action center nothing
    happens. Previously the icon would bring up a pop up window with information and other links. When I click the start icon instead of the tile format with options it comes up in a old list format similar to windows 7. What setting has changed to cause this
    problem and how do I return to the current tile format?

McMillanD, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 start menu, action center and most of everything on taskbar will not open

1. windows 10 start menu, action center and most of everything on taskbar will not open - Similar Threads - start menu action

2. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  3. Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start, taskbar, and action center is disabled.: Hi,I can't for some reason I can't click on this. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-taskbar-and-action-center-is-disabled/5ac4354a-0f68-4121-b503-c5b86434ca82
  4. Start menu, News and Interests and Action Center doesn't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu, News and Interests and Action Center doesn't open: So, when I was shutting down my pc and go do something else earlier, when it was shutting down, it was telling me something like file explorer cannot access memory or something, and when I turned on my pc just now, the taskbar was loading significantly slower than before and...
  5. Action center, system icons in taskbar, "project" menu not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center, system icons in taskbar, "project" menu not opening: Hi, I cannot open action center, system icons in taskbare.g. Wi-Fi, battery, and the Project menuWindows+P in Windows. When I click on the icons, they do not open. However, I can open these menus in the Lock Screen, when I click on the Wi-Fi icon, or press Windows+P from...
  6. Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be

Start menu, taskbar and Action Center not as translucent as they should be: Even after turning on "Transparency effects", the Start menu, taskbar and Action Center are not as transparent as they should be like the other ones on the internet. Even the Colors tab preview under Personalisation shows a more transparent start menu. There is a difference...
  7. Stat menu and action center is not working (opening) in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stat menu and action center is not working (opening) in windows 10: Stat menu and action center is not working (opening) in windows 10. I updated Dot Net 2017 Community Edition and after that the start menu and action center is not opening. I tried every possible solution on internet and Microsoft support but it still not working. Please...
  8. Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning

Taskbar icons. start menu, action center not functioning: Please help, taskbar icons (Windows app icons e.g. edge, win store, calculator, win defender, etc.), that includes windows start menu and action center icosns does not function when you click. how to solve. thank you...
  9. Windows 10 - Action Center, Start Menu, and Win10 Apps not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Action Center, Start Menu, and Win10 Apps not opening: Hi all, For the past couple of days, I have been having an issue with my start menu/action center not opening. Another issue is that all Windows 10 apps do not open and display the error: explorer.exe - class not registered. If anyone could help, that would be great!...
  10. Start menu, action center, etc not working most of the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, action center, etc not working most of the time: I get randomly but frequently on my Windows 10 on my Dell Optiplex 780 where the start menu stops working. clicking on it does nothing, the start menu will not open, so I attempt the action center, that will not open either. Neither will the sound (volume), or the Ethernet...