Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu and default apps

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu and default apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everytime when i change order or unpin some of default preseted apps on start menu and restart my PC, windows restore start menu order and if i delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DrDusanNikolic, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 start menu and default apps

Everytime when i change order or unpin some of default preseted apps on start menu and restart my PC, windows restore start menu order and if i delete those apps he even install them again! How to stop this ? I can't pin any app or to re-oragnize start menu Windows 10 start menu and default apps 7b94d504-699e-4060-9a42-e5496fd8f33f?upload=true.png

:)

DrDusanNikolic, Jan 18, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Start Menu and making default apps issue.

Hi Joy,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• Did you install all the pending updates on your system?

I suggest you to follow these steps below to set Google chrome browser as default browser.

1. Type Control Panel in search bar on your system and open Default programs under Control Panel Window.

2. Select Set your Default programs under Choose the program that Windows use by default.

3. Select Google chrome browser as default program in the Set your Default programs Window.

4. Then click on OK and check, if it helps you.

Also refer to the section "Try the troubleshooter"
    in the link below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/get-help-windows-start-menu

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Jan 18, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 start menu and default apps

dalchina, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 start menu and default apps

1. Windows 10 start menu and default apps - Similar Threads - start menu default

2. Windows 10 Start Menu does not update the icon for some default apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Start Menu does not update the icon for some default apps: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lala2milo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mn94lv/windows_10_start_menu_does_not_update_the_icon/
  3. Windows Default Apps Glitching out in the start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Default Apps Glitching out in the start Menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Crimson_Blade_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4wfws/windows_default_apps_glitching_out_in_the_start/
  4. Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear: Hi, after several exchanges with tech support. I finally found out what caused the problem of the icons disappearing and deleted the file which was C:\Users\MyAccount\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy, after which I deleted the account and copied...
  5. default start menu

default start menu: how do i return to the default start menu. I guess I hit something and it changed. I want to go back to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-start-menu/65c75367-a7af-48fb-8d3c-48e3ed9fa838
  6. Windows 10 Start menu apps there, but not there

Windows 10 Start menu apps there, but not there: I think this occurred after a Window 10 update a few months ago because I had to log in and my PC is set to not time out to a locked screen. After logging in, all of the apps in my start menu, other than the default apps were missing. I read advice in the Microsoft...
  7. Default/Stock Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default/Stock Start Menu Apps: Apologies if this is the wrong area to post this question. Here is the two .bat app removers that I use. One is for the apps on my account and one is for the apps on all accounts. apps.batapp packages.bat I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and I guess with this new...
  8. Restore start menu apps to default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore start menu apps to default: I unpinned a lot of the apps from the Start menu, now I'd like to restore it to it's installation default. Any way to do this? 7765
  9. Start Menu default showing all apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu default showing all apps?: I recently installed windows 10 on an old notebook and for some reason the start menu looks like this: [img] I don't want it to show the alphabetical list of all the apps by default. On all my other computers the start menu looks more like this one....
  10. Windows 10 Default Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Default Start Menu Tiles: Greetings everyone: Can someone post a picture of the default live tiles on the start menu that comes with Windows 10 as basically my Start Menu stopped working and Windows Store would not work while the other apps did. I do not have a C:\Windows\WinStore directory. I did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Start Menu > Settings > Apps > Default apps

2. windows start menu default apps