Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu and other programs in a pixel image and zoom in image

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu and other programs in a pixel image and zoom in image in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My issue is my I can open my start menu but when it opens it only shows up as a pixelated image but i can still click the shutdown, restart button and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by clarencebunny, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Windows 10 start menu and other programs in a pixel image and zoom in image

My issue is my I can open my start menu but when it opens it only shows up as a pixelated image but i can still click the shutdown, restart button and other apps that it is normally shown in there. Other settings shows only a black and blue line as shown in the pictures. Can you please tell me how to fix this? Windows 10 start menu and other programs in a pixel image and zoom in image da71a151-8078-4351-9fb7-09c3a8369b3d?upload=true.png Windows 10 start menu and other programs in a pixel image and zoom in image ca91b103-3c1c-4657-a22a-56f4d347989a?upload=true.png

:)

clarencebunny, Jan 1, 2021
  2. beav1013 Win User

Background image becomes pixelated

Hello. My desktop background recently became pixelated when I changed the picture. Opening the file in multiple image viewers programs doesn't show any pixelation of these images. Yet when I make it my background it becomes pixelated in every mode except
    Tile and Center. It's zoomed in 1:1 on those so there's no compression? I can't figure out why this is happening and it's really driving me nuts.

Any help would be appreciated. I already tried setting it as my background from multiple programs. And I saw something online that had me create a file in my regedit to alter the JPEG compression from 85 to 100. That appeared to do nothing.

Thanks.

beav1013, Jan 1, 2021
  3. 290 Windows 10 flickering in games (weird image

I noticed after moving to Windows 10 *using 15.10* drivers, that at random I get flickering and flashing on the screen.

It happens in full screen 3d programs/games, and it's not image corruption as in horizontal lines or red /yellow artificating that we usually associate with image issues.
    Rather the actual game image itself is distorted, where upon it flickers briefly (sometimes two or three times in succession) a view of some previous frame that I've already viewed a few moments ago.

I may have a menu open in the game, then the menu closes and the image flickers a couple shots as if the menu window was still there(though in a less obvious, more transparent version).

Hard to describe - hard to video record as well.

I've reseated my cards, reinstalled driver, put all graphics settings to default.
    I also get intermittent system crashing when I try to view the Display Properties from the desktop. This is something I found mention of quite a bit with Windows 10 and wonder if the two problems are related.

newconroer, Jan 1, 2021
  4. panchoman Win User

Windows 10 start menu and other programs in a pixel image and zoom in image

zooming without pixelating

i think in csi they zoom in, and then they enhance the pixelated image by adding in colors and stuff to make the text legible and stuff, and with the software like photoshop out now a days, i would've thought that you might be able to do that somehow

panchoman, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 start menu and other programs in a pixel image and zoom in image

1. Windows 10 start menu and other programs in a pixel image and zoom in image - Similar Threads - start menu programs

2. Windows Start menu layout.xml - Image location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start menu layout.xml - Image location: Hello,We are using a layout.xml file on our DC server that is pushed to each PC via group policy. This was working previously however there is an issue with the image file we are calling. I have no idea why some PCs are able to load the image and some are not, its extremely...
  3. Windows Start menu layout.xml - Image location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Start menu layout.xml - Image location: Hello,We are using a layout.xml file on our DC server that is pushed to each PC via group policy. This was working previously however there is an issue with the image file we are calling. I have no idea why some PCs are able to load the image and some are not, its extremely...
  4. Windows Start menu layout.xml - Image location

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Imaging programs

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Imaging programs: Now that Windows System Images are apparently no longer supported (deprecated) and the option may be removed from Windows 10, I am looking for a simple, user friendly way of making system images. I previously tried using Macrium reflect to clone a drive and had issues and...
  6. Wallpaper images slightly zoomed in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wallpaper images slightly zoomed in?: Hey guys. Ive had this weird issue for a while now, don't know if its the same for everyone else. But when I set a slideshow of photos Ive taken for my background the images are slightly zoomed in. This is a problem because some of the detail is left out. Does anyone know an...
  7. Pixelated images

Pixelated images: Hi Microsoft for some reason my images are pixalted. My graphics are all updated and Ive tried the paint method but none of those helped please get in touch with me asap example.[ATTACH] please tell me how to fix this....
  8. Place permanent image in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Place permanent image in start menu: With the pandemic i'm using my usual PC to study, so I thought to integrate things into easy to access places. I'd like to have my calendar with classes and times in my start menu, but I cant seem to find a way to put a picture in it for easy viewing whenever I press the...
  9. Pixelated images in games and movies

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pixelated images in games and movies: My issue occurs when I am watching a movie or playing a game. I am watching small square blocks in dark areas. Changing brightness and contrast setting didn’t help. My system is Lenova 80EC AMD FX 7500 Radeon R7...
  10. Background Image for Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10

Background Image for Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10: I have Windows 10 build version 17134. When I switch to the full screen start menu the background of the start menu is completely black but I want my desktop wallpaper as my start menu background. Thank you...