Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu and search bar no longer accept keyboard input date: 05-2024

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu and search bar no longer accept keyboard input date: 05-2024 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10: After an update has caused the Wifi stopped working, I reverted to the previous restore point. After this, keyboard input is no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ben_473, May 17, 2024.

1. Ben_473 Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu and search bar no longer accept keyboard input date: 05-2024

Windows 10: After an update has caused the Wifi stopped working, I reverted to the previous restore point. After this, keyboard input is no longer possible in Windos start menu and also in the search bar next to start icon.I have tried all suggested solutions as follows but not working:1 run the ctfmon.exe - restart2 copy the ctfmon,exe into startup - restart3 Solutions in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-does-not-recognize-keyboard-inputs/e405fff8-5362-4139-ba2c-bee278a71af9meaning runing powershell admininistrator and commands:Sfc /ScanNowDISM

:)

Ben_473, May 17, 2024
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 17, 2024
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 17, 2024
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu and search bar no longer accept keyboard input date: 05-2024

Search bars and start menu broken

Search bar in task bar does not accept any input and flickers when clicked, search bars in windows accept input but display only empty pages instead of search results. Right clicking in start menu won't work and I also can't open any cascading menus in the
    start menu.

Had Windows reinstalled last night, did not work, also a problem with the Windows Apps folder, as I do not have permission to access, which means programs won't start that are stored there. Have taken ownership of the folder and all subsequent folders, but
    did not yield the wanted result.

No idea what else to do.

Thankful for any and all ideas.

Alexander F.Wüst, May 17, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu and search bar no longer accept keyboard input date: 05-2024

1. Windows 10 Start Menu and search bar no longer accept keyboard input date: 05-2024 - Similar Threads - Start Menu search

2. Windows 10 Start Menu and search bar no longer accept keyboard input date: 05-2024

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu and search bar no longer accept keyboard input date: 05-2024: Windows 10: After an update has caused the Wifi stopped working, I reverted to the previous restore point. After this, keyboard input is no longer possible in Windos start menu and also in the search bar next to start icon.I have tried all suggested solutions as follows but...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu and search bar no longer accept keyboard input date: 05-2024

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu and search bar no longer accept keyboard input date: 05-2024: Windows 10: After an update has caused the Wifi stopped working, I reverted to the previous restore point. After this, keyboard input is no longer possible in Windos start menu and also in the search bar next to start icon.I have tried all suggested solutions as follows but...
  4. Feedback Hub and Search not accepting keyboard input

in Cortana
    Feedback Hub and Search not accepting keyboard input: For some reason when I went to offer feedback at the feedback hub the app wouldn't recognize the keystrokes , I went to the search box to track down an answer and oops that won't recognize input either. There is only one other program that my keystrokes won't work on and that...
  5. Search bar anywhere in Windows does not accept Keyboard input

in Cortana
    Search bar anywhere in Windows does not accept Keyboard input: Search bar anywhere in Windows 10 File Explorer, any search inside Settings does not accept input from Keyboard. I have all possible solutions posted on the Internet, including answers posted on this Forum. This has been happening since last two weeks, after the recent OS...
  6. windows 10 start menu search bar

in Cortana
    windows 10 start menu search bar: Hello, i recently installed windows 10 on my new computer and have noticed that the search bar doesnt work, whenever I use the search bar it only gets to about 3 letters, freezes then closes after about 10-15 seconds if anyone could explain why this is happening or howIi...
  7. Start Menu and Search Bar not taking any input

in Cortana
    Start Menu and Search Bar not taking any input: Today when i opened my laptop, i came to see that my start menu was not taking any input. I tried to use the search bar but it also wasnt taking any input. I could normally scroll in start menu and click any applications but i cant type and the same case happened to the...
  8. No Search Bar in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Search Bar in Start Menu: Hello, My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot. Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list...
  9. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...
  10. Start Menu Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Bar: [ATTACH] I messed up something and now when ever i type something in the start menu search bar, i see a preview pane like something (containing open,open file location,pin to start,pin to taskbar)beside the search results.I don't want my search bar like this, i want my...