Windows 10: Windows 10 - start menu and some other functions don't work properly

Discus and support Windows 10 - start menu and some other functions don't work properly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, On Windows 10 Pro. I have been seeing these unusual behaviors all at once in the past few days: - Start menu doesn't open up. i.e. when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MJ Fadaee, Jul 19, 2018.

1. MJ Fadaee Win User

Windows 10 - start menu and some other functions don't work properly

Hi,​

On Windows 10 Pro.​

I have been seeing these unusual behaviors all at once in the past few days:​

- Start menu doesn't open up. i.e. when I click on it, it doesn't show up. + when I press "windows button" doesn't show up​

- Alt + Tab OR windows + tab is not working​

- Settings do not open​

- Chrome cannot go on full screen and taskbar is always there​

What I have tried:​

1- Restarting the system​

2- shutdown + turn on​

(when I try to shut down the system I get this weird message: "task host is stopping background tasks"​

3-sfc /scannow​

Thanks a lot in advance for your support Windows 10 - start menu and some other functions don't work properly :)

:)

MJ Fadaee, Jul 19, 2018
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - start menu and some other functions don't work properly

Windows Start Menu will not function properly. Cortana and Edge are gone from my main page

I already posted that I used troubleshooter and it can't fix the system and says that Cortana and another file needs to be lroperly loaded. How does this OS go from working fine to losing Cortana, the start menu function, edge and others in a day? What a
    disaster!

Normal_user0121, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - start menu and some other functions don't work properly

1. Windows 10 - start menu and some other functions don't work properly - Similar Threads - start menu functions

2. Start menu and multiple other features not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and multiple other features not working properly: About a week ago, I found out that my Start Menu wouldn't appear anymore and I wasn't able to search for anything. At first I thought it wasn't that big of a deal so I didn't bother doing much, but after a while it's gotten annoying.I've also lost the ability to open my...
  3. Start menu and multiple other features not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu and multiple other features not working properly: About a week ago, I found out that my Start Menu wouldn't appear anymore and I wasn't able to search for anything. At first I thought it wasn't that big of a deal so I didn't bother doing much, but after a while it's gotten annoying.I've also lost the ability to open my...
  4. Start menu and multiple other features not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Start, Taskbar and other functions are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start, Taskbar and other functions are not working: The window start button on the keyboard and on the taskbar are both not working, therefore I am unable to view all of my laptop's apps. Also, all taskbar buttons are not working, including Cortana, search, wifi, notification centre, battery, windows ink workspace, language,...
  6. Windows 10 Start, Taskbar and other functions are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start, Taskbar and other functions are not working: The window start button on the keyboard and on the taskbar are both not working, therefore I am unable to view all of my laptop's apps. Also, all taskbar buttons are not working, including Cortana, search, wifi, notification centre, battery, windows ink workspace, language,...
  7. Windows 10 Start, Taskbar and other functions are not working

8. start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work: Hello, my system consist of three drives: - C: 128 GB SSD which is where windows installed - D and E: both sum is 3 TB and I keep all files and installations on them. my windows started to crash randomly and the C drive was getting low on spacelike 15 GB remaining. so I...
  9. Windows Start Menu and some other Settings submenus not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start Menu and some other Settings submenus not working: Hi, Since some days on my 2-3 month old Windows 10 Pro, the Start menü stopped working. If I click on it a loading circle appeare at the cursor for 1-2 sec, but nothing happen. I tried several method on the net, sfc scan, DISM commands, etc. none was a solution. There was...
  10. Windows 10: can't install/launch apps, some other functions don't work

Windows 10: can't install/launch apps, some other functions don't work: Hey, So I have installed Windows 10 a few weeks ago after buying a laptop. Everything went fine, but the thing is, that I cannot get to install some programs, some of them don't launch. It kinda helps, if I put .exe files in another disk drive, but most of them launch and...