Windows 10: Windows 10 Start menu apps there, but not there

Discus and support Windows 10 Start menu apps there, but not there in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I think this occurred after a Window 10 update a few months ago because I had to log in and my PC is set to not time out to a locked screen. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EliLevine1, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Start menu apps there, but not there

I think this occurred after a Window 10 update a few months ago because I had to log in and my PC is set to not time out to a locked screen.

After logging in, all of the apps in my start menu, other than the default apps were missing.

I read advice in the Microsoft Community about restoring the apps to the start menu by going to %appdata%\Microsoft\windows\start menu\programs and copying shortcuts to executables and placing them in that folder.

But when I go to that folder, which on my computer parses to C:\Users\levin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, all of the shortcuts for the programs that used to be in my Start menu are there!

At a command line, whoami returns <my_computer_name>\levin. It almost seems like somehow I'm using an initial default Start menu.

I know that one solution to my problem would be to create a new user and paste shortcuts for my installed programs in that user's Start menu programs folder, but I'm wondering if there's another, simpler solution to my problem where I might avoid all of that work.

:)

EliLevine1, Oct 9, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 9, 2019
  3. scevism Win User
    scevism, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Windows 10 Start menu apps there, but not there

Jetster, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Start menu apps there, but not there

1. Windows 10 Start menu apps there, but not there - Similar Threads - Start menu apps

2. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10: When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin it to the Start menu. There is only an option to unpin it.I can I add the app as a tile on the Start menu?...
  3. Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Apps + Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Apps + Start Menu: the keyboard works fine on other apps, but when related to windows interface it does not worksearchbar,inputting a wifi password etc.. this happened after updating my windows today.im so fed up of windows issues...
  4. Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Apps + Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Apps + Start Menu: the keyboard works fine on other apps, but when related to windows interface it does not worksearchbar,inputting a wifi password etc.. this happened after updating my windows today.im so fed up of windows issues...
  5. Small App Menu on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small App Menu on Start Menu: [ATTACH] I have this really small app list on the Start menu, can't adjust it through settings, through a PowerShell command, really struggling - any ideas???...
  6. Windows 10 start menu shows no app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start menu shows no app: [IMG]I don't know what's happening here but when I use my pc, it goes BSOD and says "system service exception" then, after I restart my pc, this problem happens...
  7. Start Menu Apps

Start Menu Apps: I am having problems with Start Menu apps. The display of some apps have this arrow down sign. It says it's maybe updating or installing it ain't. Please help me on how to fix this. Thank you...
  8. Windows 10 start menu and default apps

Windows 10 start menu and default apps: Everytime when i change order or unpin some of default preseted apps on start menu and restart my PC, windows restore start menu order and if i delete those apps he even install them again! How to stop this ? I can't pin any app or to re-oragnize start menu[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 - Start Menu Shows No Apps

Windows 10 - Start Menu Shows No Apps: Hi All, I am hoping someone can help. When I click on the start button I get the settings icon, all apps, etc, but it does not list any programs. How do I restore the program list when I click on Start? Windows 10 Pro - Version 1803 (Build 17134.165) Thanks, Scott...
  10. No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10: One of the features I really liked in Windows 8/8.1 was the ability to sync the layout of my Start Screen between devices that used the same Microsoft Account. Right alongside of that feature there was also the ability to install an app on one device and then have that app...