Windows 10: Windows 10 Start menu broken

Discus and support Windows 10 Start menu broken in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have a few machines where the start menu is just broken, clicking on the Start button or pressing the Windows key does nothing, which makes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hal_Sc, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Hal_Sc Win User

Windows 10 Start menu broken

We have a few machines where the start menu is just broken, clicking on the Start button or pressing the Windows key does nothing, which makes the system pretty difficult to use.

There used to be a Start Menu Troubleshooter tool, however this has now been removed and replaced with a general page which includes advice such as:

- Checking for updates

- Rebooting

- Updating drivers

- Create a new account and move all your files to that account (!)

- Reset your PC

Assuming that the first 3 don't work (which they don't in our case), you are left with the last two. Clearly these are not viable options for the majority of users. This seems to be quite a common issue with Windows 10, there needs to be a proper fix for this rather than workarounds like the ones above.

So, why did Microsoft pull the troubleshooter?

Why is there not a proper fix for this serious issue with Windows?

Thanks

:)

Hal_Sc, Apr 1, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Start menu broken

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Start menu broken

1. Windows 10 Start menu broken - Similar Threads - Start menu broken

2. start menu broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu broken: My start menu is broken. It splits in half and I cant click on the side where the apps is placed. I need my start menu. I cant see logs where I can see the cause of the concern so I decided to reach you. I need help...
  3. start menu broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu broken: My start menu is broken. It splits in half and I cant click on the side where the apps is placed. I need my start menu. I cant see logs where I can see the cause of the concern so I decided to reach you. I need help...
  4. start menu broken

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Broken Icons in Start Menu (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Icons in Start Menu (Windows 10): When i search in the start menu for an application the icon appears broken but when i locate it manually in the start menu its fine, has anyone else had this and fixed it? I've just tried Re-register_Start_Menu.bat i found else where in this forum [img] 164592
  6. My Start Menu is broken Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Start Menu is broken Windows 10: Since last Windows update my Start menu is pretty much broken, what's worse is that it's not only start menu: 1. I can't access it in any way, it just won't open, tried clicking and windows key, options from clicking it with right mouse button do show up. 2. Search bar...
  7. Start Menu is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu is broken: So I booted into Windows 10 because I need to write a PowerShell script and my Start Menu just broke itself. It worked perfectly fine, I rebooted and since then it's not been showing up at all when clicking at the Start button or pressing the Windows key. I have not installed...
  8. Broken start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken start menu: Can anyone help me fix my start menuwhich wont appear when clicked on? It appears briefly then disappears. Version 1909 OS Build 18363.693 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-start-menu/7e7f3f8d-3288-4899-9d25-a3ee5d9f0e4c
  9. Start menu broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu broken: I have gaps where icons should be but I cant move/rearrange many of the icons. I also cant create a new group submitted by /u/mallorcaben [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ez6g66/start_menu_broken/
  10. Windows 10 Start-Menu Icons broken ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start-Menu Icons broken ?: Hello community, I just installed Windows 10 and its nice and all, just that the icons in the start menu and the system settings for programs are broken. You dont know what I mean? This is a screenshot: Screenshot Hope you can help! *Smile Yours, Jerome 9486