Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu button stopped working

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu button stopped working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It suddenly stopped working, the windows key in my Keyboard doesn't do anything either. Is there a way to fix this or should I just wait for a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BenZ_osu, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 start menu button stopped working

It suddenly stopped working, the windows key in my Keyboard doesn't do anything either. Is there a way to fix this or should I just wait for a Windows update for it to fix itself?

submitted by /u/BenZ_osu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BenZ_osu, Nov 10, 2020
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Nov 10, 2020
  3. drpearl Win User
    Start menu stopped working in Windows 10

The Start Menu on my copy of Windows 10 stopped working for no apparent reason. I have tried the suggested four steps above. The first three ran. The final one failed to run due to an error. The process did not fix the start menu. My Windows 10 computer
    is disabled and unusable. I need a solution ASAP.

drpearl, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Rensouken Win User

Windows 10 start menu button stopped working

Start menu button not working??

I found this suggestion on this website:

http://www.bidnessetc.com/

I followed these steps and it worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too:

Step 1: Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

Step 2: Type Powershell in Command Prompt and press Enter.

Step 3: Paste the following text in the Powershell window and press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait for the command to run and ignore the red error prompts if they arise. The Start Menu should be operational now.

Rensouken, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 start menu button stopped working

1. Windows 10 start menu button stopped working - Similar Threads - start menu button

2. Windows Start Menu Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Start Menu Button Not Working: Hello, I updated my computer last night and now the start menu/taskbar is not working. I have tried a couple of things that have been suggested with no luck. The windows button on my computer also does not open the start menu which makes it hard to do certain fixes suggested....
  3. Windows 10 Start Button / Start menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Button / Start menu not working: In the last few weeks, I have had several machines start buttons stop working. Users are unable to click on Start or the Windows logo to bring up the start menu. When I search online I only fine the usual run sfc /scannow posts. Is there a real solution to this issue. The...
  4. Windows start menu/button and Wifi menu NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start menu/button and Wifi menu NOT WORKING: Since 2 days I have problems with my Laptop, This consists of not being able to use the '' windows start menu '' and the Wifi menu (being able to select networks / SSID ''.) The Windows start button on the keyboard works with combinations as Start + L for lock and Win + E for...
  5. Start menu button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu button not working: Hello guys , i am runing windows 10 PRO x64, from time to time , i can't find a pattern , the start menu button decides not to work at all, i click it , nothing happens , i hit windows key on my keyboard , nothing happens. The solution is windows explorer process restart. Can...
  6. Start menu button and search stopped opening/working Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start menu button and search stopped opening/working Win 10: I am a little frustrated and wonder if anyone has an actual solution. I have two computers, not the same, but relatively new and worked well with Win 7. I searched the net for solution and was overwhelmed with all the different methods to fix this problem but in many cases it...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Power Button Not Working: This is one of the few places where this problem is even mentioned but it was with a insider preview 14905 way back in 2016. Just about every Windows 10 install that I have has this problem. I should say just the ones that were a "free" upgrade. Fresh installs seem to be OK....
  8. Windows Start Button/Start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Button/Start menu not working: When I click on the Windows icon in the bottom left hand corner of the screen nothing happens. I've re-booted, restored and via Powershell I've tried the 'Get - Appx package etc' that has been suggested in a number of places on the Web. None of that has worked. I've...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu stopped working: Some help please. Out of the blue my start up menu doesn't open and i can't even click on sear bar nothing happens. I have the latest windows 10 with fall update. I did fall update last week when it downloaded and no problems until now. Weird. Any help please. 97287
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu stop working: Hi I am using Windows 10, and my start menu stop working for me. I have run the following commend in Powershell. sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...