Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu crashes

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu crashes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever i open the windows 10 start menu and start typing to search the menu hangs after a couple of letters and closes without letting me click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdfgsdfhg, Aug 13, 2018.

1. sdfgsdfhg Win User

Windows 10 start menu crashes

Whenever i open the windows 10 start menu and start typing to search the menu
    hangs after a couple of letters and closes without letting me click the search result (which are incomplete).

The same happens when i try to search sth in the windows settings.
    The window freezes and closes but this time without showing me any result.

:)

sdfgsdfhg, Aug 13, 2018
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 start menu crashes

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 start menu crashes

1. Windows 10 start menu crashes - Similar Threads - start menu crashes

2. Windows Crashing and start menu Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Crashing and start menu Problem: Hi, My name is Piyush and i am a software engineer. I am a windows 10 user from years and now I need help from Microsoft. After I updated my windows 10 pro 20H1 to 20H2. My PC crashes everytime and even when it works, the start menu doesn't opens. I tried many steps like:...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu crash after scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Start Menu crash after scrolling: Can someone tell me how to fix this problem ? Also, Search is not working, both taskbar search and explorer search I'm courious why this could happen ? submitted by /u/naufaldymdrp [link] [comments]...
  4. Start Menu Crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Crashing: This has been happening to me since I updated Windows to version 2004. Every time I try to scroll on the start menu, or try to open a folder in it, it crashes and restarts. I can only go through it by using the alphabet sorting thingy. Please help....
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Crashing upon Scrolling

Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Crashing upon Scrolling: Hi all, I'm hoping to get some advice with a new issue in my Windows 10: my Start Menu keeps crashing and restarting if I scroll on it. Once I open the Start Menu and scroll it, the Start Menu, together with explorer, crashes after 1 or 2 seconds. It then pops up again...
  6. Start Menu Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu Crashes: I'm a long term MS Windows user and I used to access all folder in system drive. After Windows 7 accessing some folder such as AppData and DocumentsandSettings folders was too more complicated. I used a little and handy program called NTFS access and guaranteed access every...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Crashes When Scrolling

Windows 10 Start Menu Crashes When Scrolling: Hi, Looking for any help with this problem. About 1/2 way while scrolling down the start menu apps it crashes. Have rebooted, tried scf scan process and reinstalling all apps and all failed to correct the process. All software is up to date. Any suggestions will be most...
  8. Start menu Crashing (sort of)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu Crashing (sort of): hkVjJlqI5fo Having an issue with my Start menu in Windows 10 that nobody else on the internet seems to have. Basically, pressing certain buttons makes that menu crash. So does searches. Extremely annoying. Any help greatly appreciated. 38760
  9. Occasional start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Occasional start menu crashes: last 3 days I seem to have occasional start menu crashes. it works again straight after but any idea whats happening. no changes at all. I reckon a live tile might be to blame. I turn on the pc a few times a day and so far it seems to of happened once each day for the past...
  10. start menu crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu crashes: how to do this for startmenu ? my start menu crashes when nvidia driver crashes and it wont open. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html 19017