Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In the version of Win10 I used for the past year I could right click in a Word Doc pinned to the start menu icon and click Print. That PC died in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael.672, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections

In the version of Win10 I used for the past year I could right click in a Word Doc pinned to the start menu icon and click Print. That PC died in January after 6+ years. I have an HP Omen 1 week old. Office H&B was pre-installed. Now there are fewer selections in the dropdowns and print is not shown. This was a much-used convenience. Any way to get it back?

:)

Michael.672, Feb 4, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 start menu dropdown

Hi,

Let's fix your Start Menu by following the methods below.

Method 1: Run Start Menu Troubleshooter.

Run this Start Menu Troubleshooter to automatically fix problems with Start Menu.

Method 2: Run System File Checker and DISM commands.

System File Checker is a Windows utility that allow users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Follow these steps for instructions:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    If SFC did not find any violations, it's still a good idea to run DISM Restorehealth. For instructions, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth and hit Enter.
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections

Jetster, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections - Similar Threads - Start Menu Dropdown

2. Dropdown option/menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropdown option/menu: Hey guys!!!Need help Dropdown option/menu is not showing whenever I click the button to drop it down nothing is showing on all browsers only on webpages but when I used other computers it's ok only this computer...
  3. Dropdown option/menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropdown option/menu: Hey guys!!!Need help Dropdown option/menu is not showing whenever I click the button to drop it down nothing is showing on all browsers only on webpages but when I used other computers it's ok only this computer...
  4. Windows 10 Start menu and settings selecting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start menu and settings selecting up: When a Windows 10 menu is open, it keeps selecting the option above, similar to what happens when you press the up arrow with the start menu open. When I search for applications, the same thing happens, so it is impossible to open applications. The same thing happens in...
  5. file name selection dropdown

in Cortana
    file name selection dropdown: i know this isnt hyper specific but im having trouble with a file selection related issue its hard to put into words but its something like this i would be on discord uploading a file i would type in this box the first couple letters of a file name and it would pop up with...
  6. Autoscroll/selecting in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autoscroll/selecting in start menu: Hi Guys, Whenever I open my start menu in windows 10, the 'selection' automatically scrolls from the top of the Recently Added section, all the way left to the tiles section before settling on the last tile of the bottom row. It does this every time and doesn't respond to...
  7. How to add MS Word to Start menu in Windows 10, with dropdown arrow?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add MS Word to Start menu in Windows 10, with dropdown arrow?: Is there a way to add MS Word to the lefthand column of the Start Menu the list format with a dropdown arrow for accessing recent files? That's how I have it on my laptop which I believe runs Windows 7 but I'm trying to arrange it this way on my new desktop pc as well which...
  8. Issue with Start Menu and dropdown boxes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with Start Menu and dropdown boxes: Have an issue whereby the Star Menu in Win 10 autoscrolls to the top when I release the left mouse button. It stops scrolling when I move the cursor off the affected area. Also, I cannot scroll and get the focus to remain on any Windows window. As soon as I release the...
  9. Win 10 Freezes on dropdown menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Freezes on dropdown menu: My Surface Pro 4 running Win10 keeps hanging for usually 10-20secs when I open dropdown menus within a web page. I do not suffer the same problem from the same accounts on my desktop. any ideas? including the 'topic' at the foot of this page for 5 secs...
  10. Word dropdown menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Word dropdown menu: Hi, I hope somebody can help me. i created a dropdown menu with some questions. i did this in WORD. However i only see the dropdown menu when i'm pointed with my cursor on the dropdown menu. how can i make sure the dropdown menu is shown als always? i hope somebody can...