Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu, Edge and any apps not in admin mode don't work

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu, Edge and any apps not in admin mode don't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently installed win10 and downloaded all required updates. However Edge refuses to work, I can't even add my email through the app that came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rafale Z96, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 start menu, Edge and any apps not in admin mode don't work

I recently installed win10 and downloaded all required updates. However Edge refuses to work, I can't even add my email through the app that came with windows because I'm assuming the backend runs off Edge. I've tried using sfc and dism to fix it but to no avail. I tried upgrading win10(via the media creation tool) but that didn't work either. Google Chrome only works when I run it in admin mode however things like steam and origin run perfectly fine. When I try to use powershell the following screen appears:

Windows 10 start menu, Edge and any apps not in admin mode don't work 4c0abf8a-17af-4d9c-a8e0-4a0fa4d03357?upload=true.png

And then it fails with the following screen:

Windows 10 start menu, Edge and any apps not in admin mode don't work a4a96c4f-0bcb-4c4a-9524-5f0200effffd?upload=true.png

Does anyone know how I can fix this? It's frustrating

:)

Rafale Z96, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Edge disappeared and start menu not working on Windows 10

Hello Richard,

We need to do further investigation on your concern so that we can isolate the issue regarding Microsoft Edge and Start menu:

• Have you tried to searching in Cortana search to check if Edge can be located?
    • Besides powershell, what other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

In the meantime, you can download and run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter to isolate the issue on Edge.

We also suggest that you download and run the
    Start Menu troubleshooter to fix common Start menu issues.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Oct 12, 2019
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, Oct 12, 2019
  4. scevism Win User

Windows 10 start menu, Edge and any apps not in admin mode don't work

scevism, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 start menu, Edge and any apps not in admin mode don't work

1. Windows 10 start menu, Edge and any apps not in admin mode don't work - Similar Threads - start menu Edge

2. Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu: After the KB5025310 update, the one that changed the way the Print Screen key works in Windows 11, apparently broke the work of the "Recommended" section, the section in which applications are displayed.Previously, after opening the application, the application icon appeared...
  3. Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent apps don't work in the "Recommendations" section of the start menu: After the KB5025310 update, the one that changed the way the Print Screen key works in Windows 11, apparently broke the work of the "Recommended" section, the section in which applications are displayed.Previously, after opening the application, the application icon appeared...
  4. start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu apps disappeared and some apps don't work: Hello, my system consist of three drives: - C: 128 GB SSD which is where windows installed - D and E: both sum is 3 TB and I keep all files and installations on them. my windows started to crash randomly and the C drive was getting low on spacelike 15 GB remaining. so I...
  5. Start menu and Edge no longer work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and Edge no longer work: I initially installed KB4517389 without a problem. However, I coincidentally experienced problem with a Personal Cloud that I suspected could be due to the update and I uninstalled the update. The server problem turned out to be drive failure, and I reinstalled the update but...
  6. Start menu, cortana and edge not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, cortana and edge not working: So i have an msi laptop which has been amazing, i stopped using it for a while, decided id start it back up. I did a system refresh, removing everything so i could start fresh, set it all up and my start button doesn't work, so i reset and still nothing... i have watched so...
  7. start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu, setting menu, ms edge not working: i have a surface pro 2017 i5 128GB very low responding and windows keep updating very often, so i decided to do a reset delete all files, i didn't do the backup since i think that setting etc was not best after reset, i found the start menu, setting menu, search, not...
  8. Windows 10, Start Menu, Search or any microsoft apps doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, Start Menu, Search or any microsoft apps doesn't work...: So the 29th of July i went ahead and installed the Windows 10 update. It installed correctly and ran smooth without any problems for a few hours. Suddenly i realized that my Start Menu button didn't open the start menu when i clicked it. Neither did the search button. I...
  9. In Right click Admin Start menu, some links don't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    In Right click Admin Start menu, some links don't work: Hi, Win 10 Pro x64 1709 16299.19 Not sure whether this is the place to report this.. Many of the links in the Admin right click Start Menu do not work. This was not always the case but a while back (before 1709) it just stopped. Ones that don't work are.....
  10. Windows Start Menu and Taskbar Don't Work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start Menu and Taskbar Don't Work: Hi, on occasion when I mouse over either the start bar or the taskbar it doesn't change colour like it usually does (the little blue background it changes to for instance) and it doesn't let me click on them. As well as this, it doesn't let me click on any window that isn't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows start menu apps dont work