Windows 10: windows 10 start menu folder name "Unknown"

Discus and support windows 10 start menu folder name "Unknown" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After installing my application in windows 10, I found that the application was installed successfully in the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Han KimNZ, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Han KimNZ Win User

windows 10 start menu folder name "Unknown"

After installing my application in windows 10, I found that the application was installed successfully in the folder

C:\Users\myName\AppData\Local\myApp

However, the folder name of my application is wrongly defined as "Unknown" instead of "myApp" in the start menu as following,

C:\Users\hkim\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Unknown

Can I know what's the reason why?

:)

Han KimNZ, Jan 13, 2019

2. How do ya add to window start menu?

Make a Start menu shortcut to it in the All Programs section. Then drag it to the top left of the original Cascade menu. (Where windows update normally is).
    lol @ folder name

theonetruewill, Jan 13, 2019
  3. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Jetster, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 start menu folder name "Unknown" - Similar Threads - start menu folder

2. Naming Glitch in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Naming Glitch in Start Menu: I am having this dumb problem with my Windows 10. The Name of "Windows Security" is replaced with "Set up Onedrive" Please tell me how do I fix it. I have tried restarting the explorer from the task manager and also have tried restarting my computer....
  3. Unknown garbled app name in start menu pinned

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unknown garbled app name in start menu pinned: This few days my computer seems like some of my app name turns to some unknown name and it can't work while i click it, and i always forgot what app i pinned there. [ATTACH] later from the name i found the parts of the app name "magicISO" from that garbled name i'd...
  4. Windows search ignores folder names in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search ignores folder names in start menu: I know this was lost a while ago but I miss it. A lot of significant data may be in the folder name. Folder: Microsoft SQL Server tools 18 which contains "profiler". Folder: Microsoft SQL Server tools 17 which contains also contains a shortcut "profiler". For me, I want to...
  5. Unknown program in Start Menu

Unknown program in Start Menu: what is it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-program-in-start-menu/8ddcf8fd-d7a1-4a0a-9010-869fa651c347
  6. Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu

Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu: I did this before, but can't seem to duplicate it now. I did a Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 not long ago & I am trying to add a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu. I know I can go to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs & add shortcuts in this folder to...
  7. Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu: I did this before, but can't seem to duplicate it now. I did a Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 not long ago & I am trying to add a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu. I know I can go to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs & add shortcuts in this folder to...
  8. Start folder name in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Start folder name in Windows 10 Home: Many times I hear about the "start folder". But when I looked for it in my new computer I cannot find it. Does it have a different name? 50464
  9. Can't delete a folder named "start menu"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete a folder named "start menu": I copied the (highly configured) start menu folder from an old computer to a new computer. After using this folder to help configure the new computer I want to delete it. Win10 won't let me.*Sad Is there a solution to this problem? 31620
  10. Group names on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Group names on start menu: Is there a setting to remove "group names" and grouping on the start menu. To the right of the group name input box there is a "2 slice" hamburger that does not do anything except invite naming of the group. I would prefer to have free alignment if that is possible. 53954