Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu Icon Background - Help

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu Icon Background - Help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently performed an update for Windows 10 and my start menu icons have changed.I hate them. I'm sure a lot of effort and time was spent on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KadianK4, Aug 7, 2021.

1. KadianK4 Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu Icon Background - Help

Hello, I recently performed an update for Windows 10 and my start menu icons have changed.I hate them. I'm sure a lot of effort and time was spent on designing the new icons but, I would like the old ones back.How can I switch back to the previous icons or at least have a background on them? I had this lovely red vibe going on that's been ruined by these what I find absolutely atrocious folder icons.I don't want this.

:)

KadianK4, Aug 7, 2021
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Aug 7, 2021
  3. decimus Win User
    Start menu icons background edit

I'm trying to make the start menu look more or less color-consistent, but some apps in the list stand out and create contrast. Is there a way to edit the icon background to make it the same blue as the rest in the list? I know how to change the shortcut icon but couldn't find the ones with an identical blue background.

Windows 10 Start Menu Icon Background - Help [​IMG]

decimus, Aug 7, 2021
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Windows 10 Start Menu Icon Background - Help prob.jpg

psyko12, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Icon Background - Help - Similar Threads - Start Menu Icon

2. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?: Thank you so much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-blue-background-from-icons-in-start-menu/41652a84-4f6e-4ed8-b049-4a441aff1f30
  3. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?: Thank you so much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-blue-background-from-icons-in-start-menu/41652a84-4f6e-4ed8-b049-4a441aff1f30
  4. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 start icon background

Windows 10 start icon background: My background picture is faded when icon tilessuch as ie, to do's, etc are displayed - Background is not faded in task view or photo. How can I change this ?...
  6. Start Menu Background

Start Menu Background: Hello. How do I change the background color of the start menu from pale white to another color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-background/525643bf-5ef5-4ce5-bdc8-7b6bfccea54a
  7. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?: [ATTACH] Hi everyone, After updating recently, specifically with the new icons for Windows 10 apps, a lot of the icons now have this odd blue background to them. Is there anyway to remove this? I don't mind it too much but if it's something that I can customize it would...
  8. Start menu icons background edit

Start menu icons background edit: I'm trying to make the start menu look more or less color-consistent, but some apps in the list stand out and create contrast. Is there a way to edit the icon background to make it the same blue as the rest in the list? I know how to change the shortcut icon but couldn't find...
  9. Start Menu Background

Start Menu Background: I have 3 Windows 10 computers, a tablet, a notebook and a desktop. All are 64 bit and up to date. The notebook and desktop do not display a picture as the background of the start menu. I've read that this is the way it is and nothing can be done to display a background...
  10. Transparent Start menu icon background?

Transparent Start menu icon background?: On the start menu each application / file has an associated icon. Unfortunately it appears that Windows 10 is using the accent color as the icon's background. So I get squares of color with the icon in the middle. There are screen shots from Windows 10 previews that show the...