Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu Issues - No Results Display

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu Issues - No Results Display in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi all. I'm looking for a bit of help and hopefully someone here will know how to fix this. Since this could be both search or start menu, I have put... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by sciguyryan_73, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Issues - No Results Display

Hi all.

I'm looking for a bit of help and hopefully someone here will know how to fix this. Since this could be both search or start menu, I have put it into the former.

Whenever I attempt to search for something in the start menu I get the result screen but there is never anything in it. I have created a screenshot of this and you can see it here: https://ibb.co/GJh0ptm

From what I can see, the search window is loaded but isn't populated with anything.

As it stands I have rebuilt the search cache, restarted the computer, restarted the explorer process, restarted the search services, attempted the repair option from the control panel for the search indexing. None of these have corrected the issue. I have also checked the integrity of the installation and everything seems to be fine, as far as I can tell.

If anyone has any tips on fixing this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Ryan.

:)

sciguyryan_73, Feb 5, 2020
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu Issues - No Results Display

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu Issues - No Results Display

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Issues - No Results Display - Similar Threads - Start Menu Issues

2. Search results from USB drive not displayed within the Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search results from USB drive not displayed within the Start menu: Hello, I have a quick question about Windows search, specifically about Windows search when you use the Start menu i.e. just press the Windows key and then type in the search term or Windows + S which opens the Windows search window . In my experience, this is a quick way to...
  3. Search results from USB drive not displayed within the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search results from USB drive not displayed within the Start menu: Hello, I have a quick question about Windows search, specifically about Windows search when you use the Start menu i.e. just press the Windows key and then type in the search term or Windows + S which opens the Windows search window . In my experience, this is a quick way to...
  4. windows start menu search web results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows start menu search web results: the start menu used to show web results which was very convinent for me but now it just shows this there is no web preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-search-web-results/1222459b-be64-4bcd-9d2b-efcb3ff7638b
  5. windows start menu search web results

windows start menu search web results: the start menu used to show web results which was very convinent for me but now it just shows this there is no web preview https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-search-web-results/1222459b-be64-4bcd-9d2b-efcb3ff7638b
  6. windows start menu search web results

in Cortana
  7. Tweak start menu search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tweak start menu search results: I use search constantly and keep my machine well indexed. Search generally works pretty well, but sometimes the results are very.. counter intuitive. For example, without fail, if I search "Desktop" the Best Match is always Remote Desktop Connection, rather than Desktop which...
  8. Tweak start menu search results

Tweak start menu search results: I use search constantly and keep my machine well indexed. Search generally works pretty well, but sometimes the results are very.. counter intuitive. For example, without fail, if I search "Desktop" the Best Match is always Remote Desktop Connection, rather than Desktop which...
  9. Windows 10 Start menu issue

Windows 10 Start menu issue: Hi all! I have the following problem: My Start button is not working. I have tried for some time to fix it with the help of Dr. Google, but so far I had no luck. I have tried the following solutions except resetting the system or rolling back to a backup (stupid me forgot...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu Search Not Displaying Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search Not Displaying Results: When I go to search something like "photoshop" Adobe Photoshop CC should pop up. But I only get results from searching on Bing and not from searching the computer locally. 17229

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unsuspend cortana task manager

2. reminders winrt oop server

3. cortana background host suspended

4. windows 10 start menu no results