Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu key left click options not working

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu key left click options not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Oh, could you update your specs so we can see what laptop & touchpad you have please.. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mogten, Oct 2, 2015.

1. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 start menu key left click options not working

Oh, could you update your specs so we can see what laptop & touchpad you have please..

dalchina, Oct 4, 2015
  2. mogten Win User

This should go a long way in fixing the issue. Will do. Muchas gracias!

mogten, Oct 4, 2015
  3. If you have a poundland near you they sell them and they light up to let you know it is working, not used one since upgrade but did once or twice with windows 8.1 and IE11 when touch pad froze

hTconeM9user, Oct 4, 2015
  4. mogten Win User

The model is HP pavilion g6. Processor type: Intel core i3. Touchpad: ps/2 compatible mouse?

mogten, Oct 4, 2015
  5. mogten Win User
    Alright sir. I used to experience occasional freezes while on windows 7, then it stopped when I upgraded to windows 8/8. 1. I haven't encountered any freezing issue on w10 yet, except for the said complaint. Could that still be necessary?

mogten, Oct 4, 2015
  6. I got the prob with my usb mouse I can right click ok,but when I left click the start nothing happens

I'm running the command prompt with dsim ill see what happens then

coffeemad8, Oct 4, 2015
  7. It is always handy to have one with a touch pad and left and right click still got mine just in case, you never know it might wake up your left and right click.
    It used to wake up my touchpad and getting going again

hTconeM9user, Oct 4, 2015
  8. Windows 10 start menu key left click options not working

all fixed now ty for your help dsim solves a lot of stuff

scannow found a corrupt file and repaired it no probs

coffeemad8, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 start menu key left click options not working - Similar Threads - start menu key

2. Left Click Not Working On Taskbar and Windows Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Not Working On Taskbar and Windows Menu: Recently I have been having issues with not being able to click on anything in the taskbar. I already updated my drivers, used sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restore Health to check for corrupted files and rolling back my computer to before the issue occurred,...
  3. Left Click Not Working On Taskbar and Windows Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Click Not Working On Taskbar and Windows Menu: Recently I have been having issues with not being able to click on anything in the taskbar. I already updated my drivers, used sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restore Health to check for corrupted files and rolling back my computer to before the issue occurred,...
  4. Left Click Not Working On Taskbar and Windows Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Left click the Start menu and the screen locks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left click the Start menu and the screen locks: Windows 10 21H2, Lenovo 5th gen Yoga 11e. When I left click the Start menu the screen locks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-click-the-start-menu-and-the-screen-locks/867eaa16-4b7b-4f31-a795-e8afe00a5bc5
  6. Left click the Start menu and the screen locks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left click the Start menu and the screen locks: Windows 10 21H2, Lenovo 5th gen Yoga 11e. When I left click the Start menu the screen locks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-click-the-start-menu-and-the-screen-locks/867eaa16-4b7b-4f31-a795-e8afe00a5bc5
  7. Left click the Start menu and the screen locks

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click: As of 2 days ago when I left click on the Start Icon at the left side of the Taskbar on the bottom of the desktop nothing happens. If I right click, I get a pop up but not like the left click. How do I restore the function?...
  9. Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Tashbar -Start Icon not working with a left click: As of 2 days ago when I left click on the Start Icon at the left side of the Taskbar on the bottom of the desktop. If I right click I get a pop up but not like the left click. How do I restore the function?...
  10. Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works: I ran the System File Checker as suggested; it detected no problems. I have two PCs with Windows 10. On the one that I upgraded to Windows 10 most recently, I have no problem. On the one that I upgraded about 9 months before that (it is a Samsung laptop), I can only access...