Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just recently had an update which resulted in my start screen no longer display my apps in an alphabetical list. I do I recover that format ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by junekrepow, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list

I just recently had an update which resulted in my start screen no longer display my apps in an alphabetical list. I do I recover that format ?

Version 1809 of Windows 10

Build 17763.195

Thank you in advance, June

:)

junekrepow, Dec 27, 2018
  2. WOT
    WOT Win User

App or Program That can Alphabetize a list

In addition to David Y's suggestion, you can also use OpenOffice Writer to sort a list alphabetically or numerically and its free!

Just place your text in a table and select sort from the Table menu:

Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list [​IMG]

Get it here:
    Apache OpenOffice - Official Download

Cheers,

3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Dec 27, 2018
  4. stweedie Win User

Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list

alphabetical listing of apps Lumia 800

Yesterday my apps list was the normal alphabetical listing, today it is still alphabetical, however it has the list broken up under each letter of the alphabet making the list much longer.

How can I get my shorter app list back?

stweedie, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list

1. Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list - Similar Threads - start menu longer

2. Start Menu List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu List: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173782
  3. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  4. Issue With Start Menu Apps List

Issue With Start Menu Apps List: I run Windows 10 and have an issue with the Start Menu List of Apps the list of apps/ programs in alphabetic order that appears on the left side of the screen next to the Start Tiles. Some shortcuts are contained in folders that I want to move out of the folders, place them...
  5. Customize Start Menu App List

Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  6. alphabetical list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alphabetical list: my alphabetical list on left side of screen has disappeared. don't know why. can't get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alphabetical-list/0387fca3-70ed-441d-8512-b9f7f6e5f7bb
  7. Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

in Browsers and Email
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing: Hi, i am currently working with Elitedesk 705 G3 mini and running Windows 10 Pro. I work at a prison and will be using these machines for inmate access, So I need them to be locked down completely. I have gone through the GPO and made a set for non-Admins and pretty much...
  8. Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

in Windows 10 Support
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing: Hi, i am currently working with Elitedesk 705 G3 mini and running Windows 10 Pro. I work at a prison and will be using these machines for inmate access, So I need them to be locked down completely. I have gone through the GPO and made a set for non-Admins and pretty much...
  9. How to organize windows 10 Start Menu in categories instead of alphabet list

How to organize windows 10 Start Menu in categories instead of alphabet list: In many case alphabetic list is much less use than a list by category, especially you get many items. I used to have categories of Internet, Media, Developing .... Where I can quickly find my items based on categories. but with alphabetic list, items that belong to same...
  10. App or Program That can Alphabetize a list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App or Program That can Alphabetize a list: Hi, all. I'm looking for a program, similar to wordpad, that can put all the items listed in alphabetical order. I already have Open office installed, but there's no option that I can find in that program that has the capability I'm looking for. I've looked around on the Net,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all items in the alphabetical start list are locked in place

2. in windows 10 is there a way to alphabetize downloads

3. windows 10 start menu alphabetical

4. windows 10 alphabetical list,
  5. can you organize favorites alphabetically,
  6. how to alphabetize favorites bar windows 10,
  7. start menu app liost alphabetical