Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu no longer opens, and any attempt use a powershell sfc /scannow tells...

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu no longer opens, and any attempt use a powershell sfc /scannow tells... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer has ONE, count em, ONE account on it, the administrators account. It even tells me that I am set to Administrator right under my email.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Althalus80, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Start Menu no longer opens, and any attempt use a powershell sfc /scannow tells...

My computer has ONE, count em, ONE account on it, the administrators account. It even tells me that I am set to Administrator right under my email.

But less than 2 hours after updating from Windows 7 64 Bit to Windows 10 64 Bit, I am being locked out of general functions of my computer, Unless I use backend routes and shortcuts to bypass the start menu.

I have seen regularly on other posts, some as recent as a month ago, being thread locked, likely due to incompetence from the so called "staff" of these forums.

**I will tell you right now, if you do not know what you are talking about, or are reading from a flip card system, not only will I call you on it, but I will report you for attempting to sabotage a thread specifically designed to call attention to a serious issue in the framework of the Operating System. And to add insult to injury, salt to the wound, I will personally destroy your career, i do not care how dirty my hands get to do it. So if you not here to help, dont even speak**

:)

Althalus80, Mar 1, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Start menu issue

Have you tried running this in an adminstrative command prompt: sfc /scannow

And, Tamas over at MS forums gave this one, that worked for some:

95Viper, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Windows 10 Start menu issue

That path does not exist >Explorer

And sfc /scannow didn't fix it

Jetster, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu no longer opens, and any attempt use a powershell sfc /scannow tells...

Windows 10 Club

you can try the built in windows repair. I forget if its refresh or reset.

alternatively you can try

Admin Powershell

SFC /scannow

then

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Solaris17, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu no longer opens, and any attempt use a powershell sfc /scannow tells...

1. Windows 10 Start Menu no longer opens, and any attempt use a powershell sfc /scannow tells... - Similar Threads - Start Menu longer

2. SFC /Scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /Scannow: When I do the SFC /Scannow from the CMD and within the admin area I am seeing after the scan the Verify Only is showing as No repair operation is performed.Is this informing me that I have to do the repair or no repair is needed from my end?Kenneth...
  3. uses for sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uses for sfc /scannow: What errors can sfc /scannow repair?My document files are being lost by Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uses-for-sfc-scannow/96a79bdd-1fb6-4c1a-bdf7-31595a16e6f0
  4. uses for sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uses for sfc /scannow: What errors can sfc /scannow repair?My document files are being lost by Explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uses-for-sfc-scannow/96a79bdd-1fb6-4c1a-bdf7-31595a16e6f0
  5. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow: Hey.I've exhuasted all recommendations regarding how to fix the sfc/ scannow command and make it work, namely did the trustedinstaller thing from cmd, i changed the windows modules installer to auto and then back to manual, but I keep receiving the same messages. When I type...
  6. SFC / scannow

in Windows 10 Customization
    SFC / scannow: I ran SFC / scannow and I'm not sure there was a message. What can I do? I check the application event log for events 1001 and “SFC” I check the DISM.log file I use findstr in CMD to find "[SR]" entries in CBS.log Or Run SFC / showlog...
  7. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sfc /scannow: Hi all, does anyone know anything about the logs in sfc /scannow? When I scan my Windows I get no integrity violations however in my logs I see a few things such as: 0000018b Warning: Overlap: Directory \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\ is owned twice or has its security set...
  8. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: i ran sfc /scannow and got when it reched around 54% i got the followingmessage "Windows Resources Protection could not perform the requested operation" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/425af61f-5e61-4f8e-badc-1e44ae02698e
  9. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow: when I run sfc /scannow in command prompt it will only run to 71% and than it stop, how can i fix that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/5f81a97e-769a-413c-8139-2871d8c08b5f
  10. SFC /Scannow won't start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /Scannow won't start: I tried to run SFC /Scannow but got the error message "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service". I saw on the web that this usually indicates that the Windows Module Installer and/or Trusted Installer is not running. The Windows Module Installer was...