Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu not auto closing

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu not auto closing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 I can open the search menu fine and select the program that I want to use. For this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GuyUpton, Jan 3, 2019.

1. GuyUpton Win User

Windows 10 start menu not auto closing

I am running Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

I can open the search menu fine and select the program that I want to use.

For this example I will use google chrome

Once chrome is open however, the menu is still open. Clicking off the menu does nothing. In order to close it I must hit the window key twice. Once to remove the search and again to close it.

This was not happening until recently and I cannot find a fix.

:)

GuyUpton, Jan 3, 2019
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jan 3, 2019
  3. ReedWish Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu Auto Close

I just update my asus laptop to windows 10, when I open the new start menu there are obviously many apps to choose from. When I use my touch pad to scroll down the list, the cursor disappears, and when I use the touch pad to try and bring back the cursor
    in order to open an app, the whole start menu closes, and I take yet another step that pushes me further to my insanity. I am wondering if there is a way to scroll without using the scroll bar of the side and use my two-finger gesture scroll on my touch pad
    without the menu crashing.

ReedWish, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Jetster, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 start menu not auto closing - Similar Threads - start menu auto

2. [Windows 10] Start menu bar auto close randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [Windows 10] Start menu bar auto close randomly: My start menu just randomly close, so I can't hit Shutdown, Restart My record about the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-bar-auto-close-randomly/2d2d9cde-77ba-45c9-9d67-f015b55976e8
  3. [Windows 10] Start menu bar auto close randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 10] Start menu bar auto close randomly: My start menu just randomly close, so I can't hit Shutdown, Restart My record about the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-bar-auto-close-randomly/2d2d9cde-77ba-45c9-9d67-f015b55976e8
  4. [Windows 10] Start menu bar auto close randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start menu not closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not closing: I clicked on the start menu and when I open my application the start menu will not turn off or close. I need to refresh my computer to make it gone. I restart the computer and issue persist. It is disturbing and kind of irritable when this whole start menu never close....
  6. Start menu not closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu not closing: I clicked on the start menu and when I open my application the start menu will not turn off or close. I need to refresh my computer to make it gone. I restart the computer and issue persist. It is disturbing and kind of irritable when this whole start menu never close....
  7. Start menu not closing

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Start menu wont auto close after clicking away

Start menu wont auto close after clicking away: Hi there, I have a strange issue where my start menu will open just fine, but if i click away at something in the background, it will not auto close. It also wont close if I load something by clicking on an app inside the start menu. The start menu wil sit on top of/overlay...
  9. close start menu

close start menu: After last Windows 10 update, I cannot close stat menu. Internet websites have no minimization button, and close button is hidden in the upper right corner. I play Caesars slots which would run in the background while I looked at other websites, now the game stops...
  10. Auto Scrolling in start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto Scrolling in start menu: All windows menus auto-scrolling to the top whenever I try to use the start menu. If I try to type the name of a program for instance it just keeps going to the top after one letter. Similarly, if I try to click on a sub-menu it will keep trying to go to the top so that I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 start menu not closing