Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu not working after update-- new getaround

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu not working after update-- new getaround in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there For those of you who can't get the Windows Start menu in build 10074 to appear or work when you UPDATE from build 10061 it WILL work if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, May 1, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Windows 10 start menu not working after update-- new getaround

Hi there
    For those of you who can't get the Windows Start menu in build 10074 to appear or work when you UPDATE from build 10061 it WILL work if you revert back first to build 10049 and then update.

Activate windows and re-boot -- now it will work. Ensure Windows is activated after the re-boot but activate BEFORE reboot.

(Another good reason for keeping loads of backup images).

You can also now hide system icons again as before too. Don't forget to clean up disk space by using Disk cleanup in properties in file manager -- you can get rid of Windows.old if you don't want to revert back again --in any case I think it's better to RESTORE a previous version from a backup image if you must restore windows.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 1, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, May 1, 2015
  3. Start menu is not working after new update.

My start menu isn't working after installing the new updates KB3199209. Also microsoft edge, wifi, windows store, search bar, notification bar isn't working after it. I could not uninstall it also. plz help...

Shubha_908, May 1, 2015
  4. buckwheat Win User

All I had to do was restart explorer.exe and it started working.

buckwheat, May 2, 2015
  5. NanceDee Win User
    Unfortunately that didn't work for me.. guess I'll have to try the long way around *Huh

NanceDee, May 3, 2015
  6. Wenda Win User
    Agree.

I had installed 10061 as an upgrade over Win 8.1.1 and while the upgraded OS ran satisfactorily, once I'd rolled-back to the 8.1.1 setup again (to test the roll-back facility) it became quite fractious and delicate, although it was still 'working'.

So, rather than upgrade that setup to 10074 and risk even more problems, I brought a 'clean' Win 8.1.1 image over, and then upgraded. So far, everything seems to be working reasonably well, although I still hate the look of 10.

Wenda, May 3, 2015
  7. pune1000 Win User
    Yes, simply restart explorer.exe to reactivate windows 10 start menu. It works 100 %

pune1000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 start menu not working after update-- new getaround - Similar Threads - start menu working

2. start menu windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu windows 10 not working: after update windows the start menu not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-windows-10-not-working/c0f001b0-0ee9-4acd-9514-fe608c5bafbb
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu not working: I have had this problem for several months. My Windows Start menu doesn't work. I can't left or right click on it. I have tried the powershell command with no luck. I can't add any new users either. If I double click on a jpg file I get "class not registered". I...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu will not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu will not work: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash Package Full Name:...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu will not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu will not work: My Windows 10 start menu will not work. My reliability monitor results are below and state that ShellExperienceHost.exe is crashing whenever I click on the start menu. I have tried using the system file checker using sfc /scan. Using DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  6. new start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    new start menu: i dont like the new start menu. i expect to see the full munu when i click the start button but now only see the tiles and have to click the hamburger bar to get the menu up 6211
  7. Start menu button not working,can't find windows update, after win8-10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu button not working,can't find windows update, after win8-10: Hi guys. My wife is having problems with her laptop, after apparently upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8. The start menu button isn't working, and I tried some fixes after searching online, but they don't seem to work. I did the Powershell sfc checknow command, and...
  8. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...
  9. Windows 10 start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu not working: my start button on windows 10 does not do anything and the edge icon is missing from taskbar. I have tried sfc / scanner in powershell and nothing different, please help. 29480
  10. After install windows 10 start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    After install windows 10 start menu not working: Goodmorning, Windows 10 Start Menu & Cortana not Working with left click,, my start menu dont work , calender not work, and search button not work, search not work, notifie not work, volume not work, has you any parametrs to work? only work eit right click (parametrs) i has...