Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu not working critical error

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu not working critical error in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Windows 10 start menu is not working. Critical error warning appears then it logs me out and resorts my PC. I have deleted my Dropbox.what other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaveMorrell1, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 start menu not working critical error

My Windows 10 start menu is not working. Critical error warning appears then it logs me out and resorts my PC. I have deleted my Dropbox.what other steps can I Take to get t it working again please

:)

DaveMorrell1, Nov 5, 2018

2. Critical Error message that the Start menu isn't working

Hi Patti,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the complete error message do you received?
    • When exactly do you get this error message?
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps provided by Ravinath P

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

If the issue still persist, you can also visit the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Hope this helps. Please let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Critical error for start menu

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by Windows 10 Critical error for start menu.

Some customers have reported that adding a new local administrator account has resolved their Critical Error. If that doesn’t work, try removing the original administrator account now that you have a new one created.

Refer: create a local user account in Windows 10

You may also, create a new user account with different Microsoft account and check if it helps.

If you have already logged in with a Microsoft account, I suggest you to covert that Microsoft account into local account. Later login using newly created local account to create a different Microsoft account.

Step 1: To convert the account, you can do the following:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Step 2: Create new Microsoft account

Refer: Sign in with a Microsoft account

Also, see:

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the update on Critical Error – Start menu. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Windows 10 start menu not working critical error

Windows 10 start menu critical error

Hi Darcey,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Which are the four steps that you have tried?

As the issue still persist, I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue still persists.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Also refer this link:

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 start menu not working critical error

1. Windows 10 start menu not working critical error - Similar Threads - start menu working

2. Critical Error - start menu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical Error - start menu not working: Any ideas as we have tried everything expect re-installing the Windows on the Surface Notebook? Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu-not-working/c64c98b6-f41b-42b4-8025-7cd6c4844de5
  3. Critical Error - start menu not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Error - start menu not working: Any ideas as we have tried everything expect re-installing the Windows on the Surface Notebook? Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu-not-working/c64c98b6-f41b-42b4-8025-7cd6c4844de5
  4. Critical Error - start menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Critical Error: Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Error: Start Menu not working: Hi, I've been getting this error since yesterday when I reinstalled zoom, I don't know why this happens. I've tried:-Running sfc /scannow-Doing a chkdsk /f scan-dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth-entering safe mode-Running " Get-AppxPackage...
  6. Critical Error: Start Menu Not Working

Critical Error: Start Menu Not Working: [ATTACH] This is a new problem that has developed in the last day or so under 24 hours. The only thing I can recall that I have "changed" is downloading one Steam game called Among Us. I have tried almost every tutorial I could find through Google involving Run, Powershell,...
  7. [Windows 10] Critical Error: Start Menu Not Working

[Windows 10] Critical Error: Start Menu Not Working: Hello! So as of recent my boyfriend has been experiencing issues with his computer about the Start Menu. Every time he tries to click it is brings up a window saying "Critical Error." We have been working on this issue for about a week. Here are the steps I have already taken...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu CRITICAL ERROR

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu CRITICAL ERROR: Computer works with following exception. Click of Start Menu icon I get CRITICAL ERROR windows will try to fix on restart. I must log out and shut down computer from log in screen....
  9. critical error start menu not working

critical error start menu not working: critical error start menu not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-start-menu-not-working/85162eb4-be71-43d6-ab55-0864b8e9f043
  10. Windows 10 critical error, start menu not working

Windows 10 critical error, start menu not working: So i upgraded my asus F550L laptop from windows 8 i think shortly after it came out, been running fine for years. Recently went to skype someone, but hadn't used it in years so it needed an update. Updated skype. Went to sign in with my windows acc. As soon as i hit enter...