Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu not working in guest account

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu not working in guest account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello All I work in a school, and I need to enable guest profiles to students. I indluded the students groups in the "Domain Guest" group The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marco Luques (marcos), Jul 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Start Menu not working in guest account

Hello All

I work in a school, and I need to enable guest profiles to students.

I indluded the students groups in the "Domain Guest" group

The profile work as spected, create new profile when logon, and delete this profile when logoff.

but after some logins and logoffs, the system create a new profile, but the start menu not open more!

Has anyone ever experienced this?

:)

Marco Luques (marcos), Jul 26, 2019

2. Unwanted Guest Account listed in Windows 10 start menu.

Please can anyone advise?

Just recently, for some unknown reason a "Guest" user account has started to show in the list of users on my Windows 10 Start Menu. This Guest user account is not listed anywhere else in my Users Account settings, so how can I remove it from the Start menu
    - it doesn't exist in any other way. I've tried clicking on it in the start menu list but it just takes me back to my own sign in page, even though I was already signed in with that to begin with.

Thanks for any help that's on offer.

CasAshworth, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Jul 26, 2019
  4. tsram90 Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu not working in guest account

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu not working in guest account

1. Windows 10 Start Menu not working in guest account - Similar Threads - Start Menu working

2. How do I find the start menu on the guest account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find the start menu on the guest account?: I have a new laptop with Windows 11. I finally got a guest account set up, but there is no taskbar or start menu, only a few icons on the desktop. I have to use the power button to sign out. I have googled for help but nothing works. Thanks!...
  3. How do I find the start menu on the guest account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I find the start menu on the guest account?: I have a new laptop with Windows 11. I finally got a guest account set up, but there is no taskbar or start menu, only a few icons on the desktop. I have to use the power button to sign out. I have googled for help but nothing works. Thanks!...
  4. Main account not working but guest account working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Main account not working but guest account working: My main user account is hanging and seems to "refresh" after some time but is not responsive to any clicks and none of the icons are loading either. Another guest account is working just fine. I tried resolving the issue by opening safe mode but the same issue persists in...
  5. Guest Account Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Guest Account Windows 10: how do I add a guest account on Windows 10 for guests to use my computer without accessing my files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account-windows-10/b96ca412-5111-49e1-9818-cbe2a6ca544d
  6. Guest account in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account in Windows 10: How can I activate the Guest account in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account-in-windows-10/62b6d407-430d-4640-868f-26688e2aad99"
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu not working: I have had this problem for several months. My Windows Start menu doesn't work. I can't left or right click on it. I can't add any new users either. If I double click on a jpg file I get "class not registered". I frequently receive the message "HPUTSCH not working". I...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu not working: I have had this problem for several months. My Windows Start menu doesn't work. I can't left or right click on it. I have tried the powershell command with no luck. I can't add any new users either. If I double click on a jpg file I get "class not registered". I...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu will not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu will not work: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash Package Full Name:...
  10. Windows 10 start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu not working: my start button on windows 10 does not do anything and the edge icon is missing from taskbar. I have tried sfc / scanner in powershell and nothing different, please help. 29480

Users found this page by searching for:

1. guest user start menu not working

2. local account start menu not working

3. start menu showing guess account