Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 for around 2 days now. But today my computer freezed while playing a game, so i restarted my computer and when i logged in, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Victor Galves, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore

I am using Windows 10 for around 2 days now. But today my computer freezed while playing a game, so i restarted my computer and when i logged in, the start menu,notification menu and metro apps would not open anymore.
    Whats is happening?

:)

Victor Galves, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore

I've done as you have instructed and nothing has changed.

DarellLewis, Jul 30, 2015
  3. AKE1919 Win User
    Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore

Mr. Kumar Rai,

Although the problem remained after the procedure was done, the issue was later resolved after rebooting the system. My suggestion would be to add to your instructions the following comment: "reboot the system after the both commands have executed and completed
    successfully."

Thank you.

A K Emad

AKE1919, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore

Looks like nobody has a working fix for this...

5. ssx705 Win User
    I have the same problem.

And i dont think i can access the activasion because settings dont work ;(

ssx705, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Windows 10 is activated, but i dont think that is the problem...
    It was working 24 hours ago, also settings menu doesnt work for me either.

7. SuzanoSho Win User
    I'm having this exact same problem and it only just started happening about an hour ago...

The Microsoft Edge and Store icons are also missing, it takes longer for the desktop to start up, and the taskbar freezes constantly... restarting doesn't fix the problem at all...

SuzanoSho, Jul 31, 2015
  8. SuzanoSho Win User

I also have a new notification called "Security and Maintenance" that does nothing when I click on it, and when I delete the notification it comes back after a little...

SuzanoSho, Jul 31, 2015
  9. Jay0253 Win User
    Having the same problem every now and then.

Jay0253, Jul 31, 2015
  10. EAN
    Ean Win User
    Try System Restore!

11. EAN
    Ean Win User
    I had same problem today 18 Aug. Came to this forum to see if anybody else had same issues. No joy... Finally tried system restore and now seems to work ok.
    Must be worth a try.??

Thema:

1. Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore - Similar Threads - start menu notification

2. Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons of Metro apps disappeared from Start Menu: [ATTACH] I just recovered my Windows and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-of-metro-apps-disappeared-from-start-menu/bf0baa33-41c0-46bc-a5f4-b201b2faadad
  3. Start menu, settings, search and notifications are not opening

Start menu, settings, search and notifications are not opening: Since a few days I cannot open any standard microsoft apps. While typing this I also noticed that pressing anything like sound, internet icon, language or battery on the taskbar doesn't work either. Sadly there doesn't seem to be a new update for Windows 10, and installing...
  4. Windows 10 start menu and notifications not working

Windows 10 start menu and notifications not working: WIndows 10 start menu and notifications menu not working when I left click on them. also some apps in my task bar begin to open and then immediately close when I try to open them. I have only had this problem for about a day. How should I go about fixing this issue?...
  5. Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal

Custom Start Menu & Metro App removal: I used to have the scripts that are listed all over the web within my Win10 deployment and it worked wonderfully. But now, it's not. And i'm not sure why. What's happening is, the metro apps are being removed, but their shortcuts i guess are staying behind. And as for...
  6. Antivirus / Windows 10 / Start Menu, Metro Apps, Context menu issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus / Windows 10 / Start Menu, Metro Apps, Context menu issues: Hi I wondered if anyone out there has had a similar experience to me... For some weeks now I have had problems where the START MENU wouldn't launch, metro apps (OneDrive, Tweetium, Money, News etc) would fail to launch (just a blank window up), right mouse clicks...
  7. Start menu not opening anymore (build 10240)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not opening anymore (build 10240): Hello, this problem makes me mad. I made clean Windows 10 (build 10240) install five times, and five times after some time my Start menu had vanished. Simply it doesn't open neither by Win key nor by mouse click on Window icon. Now I won't go into 6th clean install as it is...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 no start menu or any metro apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 no start menu or any metro apps: Hi all, I updated today but I have no start menu, indeed it wont run any metro apps so the search bit doesnt work. If I create a new user they do work. Unfortunately this schizophrenic OS doesnt give me the option of the revert back to my previous OS in the regular...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu, metro apps, and taskbar icons not working: I have upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 and been using it for the last week now with no problems. Today, during a mandatory update my pc went blue screen and said it had to restart. Once it restarted it updated and booted fine. However after the update I realized that my...
  10. Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working.: So yesterday I was just watching some videos on youtube and then the screen flashed for a second and started everything started acting up. I restarted my computer and since then, the start menu, notifications and all apps like the xbox app and store app no longer work. I did...