Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a tile that is blank which I would like to change. In the latest win10 build where are these pinned tiles located? Do they work just like old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveP555, Nov 27, 2020.

1. SteveP555 Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?

I have a tile that is blank which I would like to change. In the latest win10 build where are these pinned tiles located? Do they work just like old style shortcuts, could I just change the picture of the icon?

:)

SteveP555, Nov 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?

Hi

I've been searching for a while and i can't find where the pinned tiles
    in Start menu are located.

All I can find is a list of folders that doesn't have the pinned tiles:

This doesn't have what I need:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

This doesn't exists at all:

C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database

Is there any location or registry value/key where I can find the PINNED TILES in Start Menu?

I read somewhere that there is a database... does anyone know where is it located?

Thanks in advanced

Solhdeckvon Hacktric, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Secretj2 Win User

Where are the start menu pinned tiles located in Windows 10? Example: I pin Weather, Notepad, and Calculator to the start menu. Where does this data get written? In Windows 7 it was under Program Data>Microsoft>Windows>Start Menu. It appears to have moved
    in Windows 10. Is it a folder I just haven't been able to find, or is it a registry key now?

Thanks

-Jim

Secretj2, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?

Hello !

Unfortunately, there's no proprer location for pinned tiles in Windows 10 filesystem. Pinned tiles are built into WIndows Registry Editor. Eveything is regulated by Windows, the user cannot do something.

Sorry for the inconvenience Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location? :(

aymericb51, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location? - Similar Threads - Start Menu Pinned

2. Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?: With Win10 pro 21H2 I found that a pinned tile in start menu is broken no icon, though it works as a link. It is the Edge tile to be precise, and the broken icon occurred after a restore system. The rest is ok. Work done:The same broken icon of Edge was also in the taskbar....
  3. Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?: With Win10 pro 21H2 I found that a pinned tile in start menu is broken no icon, though it works as a link. It is the Edge tile to be precise, and the broken icon occurred after a restore system. The rest is ok. Work done:The same broken icon of Edge was also in the taskbar....
  4. Win 10: where are pinned tiles in start menu located?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  6. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Icons/Tiles Location Found

Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Icons/Tiles Location Found: Ok, after doing some digging with some special tools and utilities that I have, I have found the location of where StartMenuExperienceHost.exe stores it's data for the content, locations, and sizes of items pinned in the start menu. It is stored in the registry at the...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Start Menu Pinned Tiles Location?: Hi I've been searching for a while and i can't find where the pinned tilesin Start menu are located. All I can find is a list of folders that doesn't have the pinned tiles: This doesn't have what I need: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs...
  9. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  10. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...