Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu pops up incessantly, unpredictably, interrupting anything and...

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu pops up incessantly, unpredictably, interrupting anything and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; this is driving me nuts. I can be in the middle of typing this and it will pop up, surprise!, forcing me to mess around getting it put away again so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xicus, Sep 27, 2018.

1. xicus Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu pops up incessantly, unpredictably, interrupting anything and...

this is driving me nuts. I can be in the middle of typing this and it will pop up, surprise!, forcing me to mess around getting it put away again so I can get back to what I was doing or focused on.

it can show up again within a minute. it might show up in 30 minutes. it's torture. it's big and blocks things i'm watching. it's in focus, so it takes whatever i'm typing. it causes me to click the wrong thing by jumping in the way. it's like a crazy giant popping assinine unwanted whack-a-mole.

there are never any notifications from apps. there's no apparent reason for this.

I've tried changing all kinds of settings. I've tried getting rid of Cortana. I've tried changing my touchpad behaviors.

everything is up to date. everything.

:)

xicus, Sep 27, 2018
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu pops up incessantly, unpredictably, interrupting anything and...

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu pops up incessantly, unpredictably, interrupting anything and...

1. Windows 10 Start Menu pops up incessantly, unpredictably, interrupting anything and... - Similar Threads - Start Menu pops

2. Incessant Microsoft account problem pop-up message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incessant Microsoft account problem pop-up message: I keep getting the damn annoying Microsoft account problem pop-up message over and over. I have scoured the internet and tried everything that anyone has suggested but it just WONT go away. I feel like I am being harassed and stalked its that persistent.Short of reinstalling...
  3. Start menu keeps popping up

Start menu keeps popping up: Past 4 days my start menu keeps popping up on my screen and closes by itself every second. I have tried every solution I have found online, I am using a regular pc with a mouse and keyboard, no touch pad. I have unplugged my keyboard just to watch it keep happening, reset my...
  4. windows start menu pops up randomly.

windows start menu pops up randomly.: As it says in subject, my pc randomly pops up the start menu and sometimes the notification bar. Already performed a scan in command prompt. 0 issues. Do you have any suggestions on how i can fix this problem. Also occurs during gaming when all notifications are shut...
  5. Windows 10 Start-Up Menu not searching anything i type.

Windows 10 Start-Up Menu not searching anything i type.: Whenever i try to type[ATTACH]and search in start-up menu nothing comes up except blank start menu.I ran "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth && DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" but it failed after 38% screenshot and log appended for your review. i dont...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Popping Up On Its Own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu Keeps Popping Up On Its Own: I have a Samsung laptop running Windows 10 v. 1909 build 18363.657. The start menu keeps popping up on it's own which is extremely annoying and disruptive to my work! I've gone through every recommendation that Microsoft has listed on the forum as potential fixes going...
  7. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  8. WIN 10 - Pops up start menu

WIN 10 - Pops up start menu: Hi.I have one little problem in Windows 10. The Start menu always pops up after log on the desktop.When I log in for the first time on any of the accounts, the start menu will not pops up.This only happens when switch accounts on the second login. Is it possible to set...
  9. The start up menu in windows 10 keeps popping up every few second

The start up menu in windows 10 keeps popping up every few second: When I sign in and try to do anything whether it be search the internet, look at email, play a game etc. the start up menu pops up about every 3 or 4 seconds. I checked the keys to see if something was sticking but it isn't. Thought it might be a virus so took it to a...
  10. Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not Opening/Popping Up: I have a Windows 10 computer with a new profile and the start menu will not open. It works fine on other profiles, but on new profiles, the start menu does not work. I tried downloading the repair tool, but it gives me, 0x80070005 Restricted. The domain account is set as an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Surface start menu keep popping up

2. start menu pops in windows 10

3. start menu keeps popping up windows 10