Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu problems

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Downloaded W10 last night (from win 8.1) and right out of the gate I am having problems with the start menu. 1) can't get live tiles to work on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BRKING, Aug 1, 2015.

1. BRKING Win User

Windows 10 start menu problems

Downloaded W10 last night (from win 8.1) and right out of the gate I am having problems with the start menu.

1) can't get live tiles to work on tiles in the start menu

2) some are garyed out

3) I remember seeing extra large app sizes in the W10 preview builds but not showing up on mine

4) most importantly there is a lot of lag on my start menu. If I uninstall a app from the start menu it doesn't go away until I close start menu and reopen it OR I have to restart the computer. And moving apps within the start menu is painfully slow. Anyone have any suggestions?

:)

BRKING, Aug 1, 2015

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 1, 2015
  4. Windows 10 start menu problems

For the life of me I can't get my hires game icons to get any bigger than half size.
    This is what I hate about the new Start Menu is that Live Tiles can be large and wide (giggity) yet Native apps look like crap.
    Obytile no longer works and all my games now look like crap forcing me to go back to 2009 with Object Dock.

I didn't have this issue in 8.1 Start Screen.

Richard Shank, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 start menu problems

1. Windows 10 start menu problems - Similar Threads - start menu problems

2. Windows 10 start menu problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start menu problem: I don't know what happened, but I was messing around with my windows 10 pc and something happened and now the start menu won't open and the updates don't work. I tried sfc /scannow but the message "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." keeps popping...
  3. Windows 10 start menu problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start menu problem: I don't know what happened, but I was messing around with my windows 10 pc and something happened and now the start menu won't open and the updates don't work. I tried sfc /scannow but the message "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." keeps popping...
  4. Windows 10 start menu problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Problems: Having just upgraded from 8.1 to 10, I was distressed to find that all of the tiles from my Windows 8.1 configuration had disappeared. In an effort to recreate the 8.1 experience, I have turned on "Use start full screen" in Settings - Personalization - Start. Windows 8.1 used...
  6. Windows 10 Cronical Start Menu Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Cronical Start Menu Problem: Hi Everybody, Hope you are having fun more than i have. I have always have troubles with my Windows 10 updated laptop. After i switch it to 10 it started slower than my win8 operating system and i had some of driver problems . Anyway i bought a SSD /* samsung evo 860 500GB...
  7. Windows 10 start menu problem

Windows 10 start menu problem: Hello How can I reset to the standard my start menu? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/windows-10-start-menu-problem/e1a19f00-2159-4d91-a880-e1b4e590b3d4
  8. Problem With Start Menu Windows 10 [ 17134.167 ]

Problem With Start Menu Windows 10 [ 17134.167 ]: https://imgur.com/odOq86Z https://imgur.com/bG52IV0 https://imgur.com/Gu35KKX No error messages are displayed appwiz.cpl still gets into the control panel, everything is on the outside, but if the start menu is broken...
  9. Start Menu Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Problems: [img] Hi there. Recently I've had this problem with the start menu not being able to display any of the folders on the left hand side in Windows 10 Pro. In the settings application, the above image is what shows when I try to enable it. Any ideas? Thanks in advanced, ....
  10. Start menu problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem: Yesterday when i try to arrange icons in start menu i saw the problem ,i can not move any of icon in start menu, the icon disappear and i am not able to do anything until i restart windows explorer,but when i try rearrange again this bug occur again...Is there any solution?...