Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu Reset

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu Reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've just installed the win 10 fall updates (version 1809). Now, whenever I reboot, windows restores the default start menu apps and icons,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilliamRodriguez4, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Reset

Hello,

I've just installed the win 10 fall updates (version 1809). Now, whenever I reboot, windows restores the default start menu apps and icons, eliminating my customizations.

Why is this happening?

What can I do to stop it?

How can I backup my start menu after I finish customizing it so I can restore it if this should happen in the future? I've searched thoroughly and fruitlessly for a backup solution myself...

Thank you very much for any help!

:)

WilliamRodriguez4, Nov 27, 2018
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu Reset

Windows 10 Start menu issue

yeah I've been less than happy with the start menu also.
    for me I for me I get freezes in start menu, especialy returning from sleep...which reminds me sleep is such a pain in the butt since I switch to Windows 10. Either waking up on its own, or system freezes when recovering from sleep

Stardock was a nice switch from vanilla, but i wasnt gonna buy it and 30 days goes by quick.

jboydgolfer, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu Reset

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Reset - Similar Threads - Start Menu Reset

2. Reset Start menu to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Start menu to default: I have just set up a new laptop and for some reason the start menu has corrupted. The programs no longer line up in a column but are in the centre of the screen in several columns. I read up about changing the TileDataLayer but cannot find this now in Widows 10 even in hidden...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Start Menu Resets on Restart

Windows 10 Pro Start Menu Resets on Restart: This is a new laptop I just got yesterday. Every time I restart the machine the Start Menu Resets to factory setting. (When I try to change the layout and apps, upon restart it's not the way I left it before the restart). I tried to "re-register" the start menu with...
  4. Start menu reset after Windows update

Start menu reset after Windows update: Hi, last night my computer installed 3 updates: (1) Cumulative Update for Windows to Version 1809 for x64-based systems (KB4512578); (2) Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10 x64 (KB4514601); and (3) Security Update for Adobe Flash Player...
  5. Windows 10 start Menu resets to default after reboot

Windows 10 start Menu resets to default after reboot: Hello, i recently purchased new windows 10 laptop. Everything runs smooth however, whenever i try to change my menu layout or try to unpin applications from the start menu, it gets reset after rebooting the system. How can i fix this issue?...
  6. Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10

Reset Start Menu Most Used Apps In Windows 10: Hi, I have finally found a simple way to reset Start menu Most Used Apps in Windows 10. To reset it please follow these steps: Open Start menu > Launch Settings app >Privacy >General >Disable (Allow Windows to track app launches to improve Start and search results)>...
  7. Start Menu resets on sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu resets on sign in: Since I upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 update), my Start menu resets every time I sign in. All the installed apps show "New", the tiles get reset, and all Start Settings get reset too. Also, after some time, when I navigate to the Start Settings, all...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu Reset

Windows 10 Start Menu Reset: Hello, I've just installed the win 10 fall updates (version 1809). Now, whenever I reboot, windows restores the default start menu apps and icons, eliminating my customizations. A) Why is this happening? B) What can I do to stop it? C) How can I backup my start menu after...
  9. Can't reset Windows 10 - no start menu, internet

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't reset Windows 10 - no start menu, internet: I was having issues with "sleep" and other driver issues so I thought I would try to use a restore point. I tried restoring to a point about a month ago but sometime during this process Windows crashed (frowny face and all) and I was stuck in a loop of crashing....
  10. Resetting Win 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Resetting Win 10 Start Menu: Is it possible to reset the win 10 start menu to the day I installed win 10? I'm having all kind of little issues with it now that I didn't before and I'd like to reset. I know there was a method to do this in the preview builds but that doesn't seem to work anymore. 24319

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset windows start menu windows 10